Advanced Member

Question Types of lidar in different states?

I'm about to install my old Lidatek LE-30 onto an M3 I just picked up a couple of months ago. It aint the best jammer considering how the state of the art has changed in the last few years. But, is it good enough? Knowing what types of guns I'm up against will help answer this question. (I'd really like to get something newer but I'll have to convince the wife that the LE-30 isn't going to work anymore. I've pretty much spent all that karma on convincing her I need the M3. )

So, I've searched but maybe my internet searching skills suck. I cannot find what types of laser guns are used in which states and/or departments. Specifically, I'm looking for information regarding Maryland and surrounding states. But is there is a list somewhere for all states? If not, perhaps we can start a thread on this? I believe it would be useful information.

Thanks.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Types of lidar in different states?

Quote Originally Posted by ersin View Post
    So, I've searched but maybe my internet searching skills suck. I cannot find what types of laser guns are used in which states and/or departments. Specifically, I'm looking for information regarding Maryland and surrounding states. But is there is a list somewhere for all states? If not, perhaps we can start a thread on this? I believe it would be useful information.

Thanks.

They do suck... but its cool, because your a long time member (I remember you from back in the day I think)...
    And you admit you tried, and failed... and hence your search skills aren't up to snuff...

Takes a true man to admit that, here is your info:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...at-states.html

As for the LE-30's... if you got an M3, you can swing the few bills and get a new jammer like the LI or M#7 series Blinder units.

I wouldn't personally suggest rolling with the LE-30's anymore, but I never used them in the first place, they are no LE-10... this I can tell you, this I can.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Types of lidar in different states?

Awesome link. Thanks.

Yeah, I really want to get the LI. Although, the LE30s seem to work against LTI in MD (I think) but not sure about the other one being used. I'm thinking of using the Lidateks in the rear and LI up front. Unless LI will give me a credit for the LE30s in trade.