Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Drive-Smart Defender2 laser jammer question about diodes

I want this question answered by Drive-Smart.

Lidatek has a 45W laser diode(this is confirmed through patent paperwork). The Defender2 allegedly has two 4w laser diodes in one module for a grand total of 8w. How can you make the claim that 8w of combined power is better then 45w or power produced by the Lidatek?

Now lets look at the LE-30 Dual compared to the Defender2 w/1 slave detector.

LE-30 DUAL: $600.00, 90w of combined power through 2 modules.

Defender2 w/slave unit: $630.00; 8w of power through only one module.

My question to you is how in the world can you make the claim that your unit will perform BETTER then the LE-30 single transponder or the dual unit when your system has far less power.

Spare me from the upgradable feature hype. Lidatek has quick release transponders and they upgrade for free. Laser guns don't come out that often anyway. This is just fancy marketing hype.

JTW

P.S. If anyone on this board decides to buy a drive-smart defender 2 system and lives anywhere within 200 miles of Seattle PM me and we'll test out that system. I have an LTI 2020 LRB.

Banned

I think I'll either get a DS Defender2 or AL6, depending on their test results. I live in Vancouver, BC, and it should not be a long drive to Seattle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by go.mouse
    I think I'll either get a DS Defender2 or AL6, depending on their test results. I live in Vancouver, BC, and it should not be a long drive to Seattle
    SWEET!!! I hear rumors the AL6(laser defender) has production models made now. I'll even let you shoot the gun.

Lead Foot

Default Laser diodes

Ok we will disclose all this type of info towards the end of the month. :wink:
    Some aspects of our Technology we want to keep to ourselves right now.
    Cost of different powered laser diodes is negligible in production costs.
    We did see all the tech stuff when going through their patents etc,I think the Dev team mentioned this already somewhere?
    Lidatek offer 30 days warranty if I am not mistaken as well from the info on there web site?
    Also have LIDATEK ever actually upgraded any of there stuff I mean for stealth mode etc?
    I have no idea out of interest if they have ever done this so you will need to let us know if they have?
    Its all well and good saying you have a software updateable system but you need to actually prove it and we were the first to announce a User programable system.
    But we will be happy to fully disclose everything soon.
    We will be doing some new test video's(Including our 8 laser diode system)and also releasing our PC software for updating the Defender2 in the next couple of weeks.
    Also the software upgradability is not just marketing hype and its not there just for new guns,It can change the firing patterns of the laser diodes and also any modifcatons we want to make to our coming Pulse Link software etc and also jamming times etc etc etc.
    It also allows flexibility to control various functions of the Defender2 through the Drivesmart GPS system.
    Anyway there is loads of use for this and not just marketing hype as you state.

Banned

Well I'm glad you'll answer the questions at the end of the month because I guarantee you I'm not going to forget.

Lidatek has a 1 year warranty btw, not 30 days.

I think it's great you're going to make videos Drive-Smart, however I want you to be fully aware that if your production units are not as great as the laser jammer you use on your videos you're going to see video after video after video posted on the net of your unit failing. If you're an honest company and plan on making great items as you claim you'll have nothing to fear because I'll report any conclusion.

Talk with you again in 26 days :-)

Chris

Lead Foot

Default Production system

The production jammer will be even better than the one in the test video we did:
    We still have some nice bits and pieces left to finish off.
    But our resolve has always been upfront and honest and we can't deal any other way with our customers.
    The customers are the ones that make a business successfull and they are they are of the most importantance to us.
    Sorry if i made a mistake on the Lidatek warranty just to clear that up a quote from there web site:
    Lidatek kits that are installed by professional installers receive a one year warranty. User-installed systems receive a 90-day warranty.

Founder of Stealthvation

I can tell you that Lidatek is about to release their latest revs in the next month or so that defeats LA Stealth. They are in no rush to release anything until they feel perfection is met and let me tell you their next rev will be great. Their engineers will not sleep until perfection is met.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Well I guess for most of us here, that means a 90 day warranty, since i think most of us here have enough knowledge to connect a few cables together.

90 days is not sufficient in my opinion... i would expect a minimum of 1 year, as this stuff needs to be rugged.

As for how many watts and stuff, I really don't care that much about it, as long as it is effective. In fact, I don't care if it uses LEDs, some kind of diodes or so on. All I care about is that it works and works well

Advanced Member

Because I am interested in learning more about these jammers, I would also like to see this info:

Quote Originally Posted by drive-smart
    There will be some very very interesting scientific info posted that will dispell all the myths and BS surrounding jammers it will also show why no one can Jam the LTI guns successfully :wink:
    Jim

Lead Foot

Default Info

There will be lots of interesting stuff coming.
    Defender2 PC software being finalised for the software upgrading and also some finishing touches to the in-car control box.
    Also we are also planning the next video shoot including something very special :wink:
    Hopefully the weather will be ok over the next couple of weeks so we can have a nice clear day for doing all this.