Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MyAssAchusetts
    Posts
    153

    Default AL6 and Defender 2; Will they make it to market?

    So will either of these products make it to the american market, or will pattent/copyright infrigement laws prevent them from becoming a reality?

    In my humble opinion if the AL6 existed before the Blinder, and they use similar technology, international pattent law should apply. It seems to me like theres a superior product coming to market and Lidatek and Blinder want to prevent it from coming, albeit legally, but if I had a product and I knew someone made a better one, and made it before me, even if I had the american pattent, I would say may the best man win, and that would be the ethical business decision in my opion.

    I don't know who created what first, but I do know anti-laser has been around for some time, and so has blinder, so why not get into a legal fight, let your products speak for themselves in the open market, and let consumers do the speaking.

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    They will both reach the market....I am not sure for how long until Blinder steps in and if they will....However I think it would be cheaper for blinder to make a better jammer than to go to court.

    Anti-Laser some has patents of their own

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  3. #3

    Default Re: AL6 and Defender 2; Will they make it to market?

    Quote Originally Posted by RapidTransitSystem
    So will either of these products make it to the american market, or will pattent/copyright infrigement laws prevent them from becoming a reality?

    In my humble opinion if the AL6 existed before the Blinder, and they use similar technology, international pattent law should apply. It seems to me like theres a superior product coming to market and Lidatek and Blinder want to prevent it from coming, albeit legally, but if I had a product and I knew someone made a better one, and made it before me, even if I had the american pattent, I would say may the best man win, and that would be the ethical business decision in my opion.

    I don't know who created what first, but I do know anti-laser has been around for some time, and so has blinder, so why not get into a legal fight, let your products speak for themselves in the open market, and let consumers do the speaking.
    it's all business... like they say "nothing personal, it's just business"

  4. #4
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MyAssAchusetts
    Posts
    153

    Default

    i see it a bit differently.

    lets say i just built a v12 2 seater supercar. we'll call my car a ferrari. now someone else across the way, who formerly owned my car (a ferrari) didn't particularly like the way my ferrari operates. so he builds, in his mind, an improved v12 2 seater supercar. its another v12 2 seater supercar, but with its own unique style and features. assuming i own ferrari, i would wish my competitor the best, and do my best to bring to market the best products, not try to beat him with legal bs. let your product do the talking, not your lawyers and lawsuits imo. there is no better barometer to your product than how well it does in the free (relatively free) market.

    Andrew G.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    If I was Lidatek or Blinder and had the rights to issue an injuction I would. Blinder and Lidatek are COMPANIES that have 1 purpose....to make money. I bet Blinder or Lidatek will sue, but not for a few months at least. Blinder and Lidatek may even come together to share the legal costs considering both companies have patents.

    Bankrupt companies won't care about warranties guys. This is why I can careless about Drive-Smarts two year warranty. If drive-smart or AL get sued they may easily go bankrupt trying to fight the lawsuit and their goes all your warranties and promises of customer service :-(

    When those new jammers hit the market I hope GOL or someone with a laser gun will just sit there with one of Roy's laser testers or a real laser gun and have one of the jammers fire forever to see how long it takes to burn out the diode. Jim said they won't burn out if the diode is running to spec and not over driven. It would be nice if Antilaser and Drive-Smart let us know what diodes they were using, so we could see if they're being over driven or not.

    JTW

  6. #6
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    LONDON UK
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    If I was Lidatek or Blinder and had the rights to issue an injuction I would. Blinder and Lidatek are COMPANIES that have 1 purpose....to make money. I bet Blinder or Lidatek will sue, but not for a few months at least. Blinder and Lidatek may even come together to share the legal costs considering both companies have patents.

    Bankrupt companies won't care about warranties guys. This is why I can careless about Drive-Smarts two year warranty. If drive-smart or AL get sued they may easily go bankrupt trying to fight the lawsuit and their goes all your warranties and promises of customer service :-(

    When those new jammers hit the market I hope GOL or someone with a laser gun will just sit there with one of Roy's laser testers or a real laser gun and have one of the jammers fire forever to see how long it takes to burn out the diode. Jim said they won't burn out if the diode is running to spec and not over driven. It would be nice if Antilaser and Drive-Smart let us know what diodes they were using, so we could see if they're being over driven or not.

    JTW
    Bring it on and see how much in damages we counter sue for LOL
    You need to prove a product breeches your patents and not just some vapourware that is quoted by people etc.
    No disrespect JTW but you know nothing about our company or history and experience in these types of fields.
    We already checked through everyones patents by the way as I am sure antilaser did as well.
    Patents apply to the UK and Europe as well and not just to the US.
    Its best to leave this to people who kow what they are doing rather than speculate don't you think?
    Our company has been established for many years already.
    Why are you so against our 2 year warranty?
    I bet you would bash the hell out of us if we said 90 days.
    Anyway let the customers decide what type of back up/Support etc they prefer and if they prefer a company that stands 100% behind quick responses and long term support.
    Whats really interesting and a point everyone has missed is that its what drives the laser diodes that plays the biggest part of the equation i.e the power supply you have designed.
    If you have a crap PSU design this is where you will get lots of long term problems,Stress to the PSU will cause ringing of components and eventual failure in the long term.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arington, Texas
    Posts
    985

    Default

    When those new jammers hit the market I hope GOL or someone with a laser gun will just sit there with one of Roy's laser testers or a real laser gun and have one of the jammers fire forever to see how long it takes to burn out the diode. Jim said they won't burn out if the diode is running to spec and not over driven. It would be nice if Antilaser and Drive-Smart let us know what diodes they were using, so we could see if they're being over driven or not.

    Diodes will tipicaly last longer than a human if you wanna talk about life span. The Diode is ALWAYS ON WHEN THE UNIT ITSELF IS ON!!!! I am going to school for elsectroic systems and computer systems. I work with Diodes on a daily basis, annd as long as you are not putting too much voltage or Current on it, it will last longer than you and you kid will live. A better question is, HOT AND COLD WEATHER?? How will it perform or how long will the unit itself last in extream conditions. I live in TEXAS and it gets Hella hot over the summer. The hottest ever I have been in is 115 degrees during mid day and being pretty close to a engine which will put off its own heat, which means, can the unit with stand 200 degrees???

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drive-smart
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    If I was Lidatek or Blinder and had the rights to issue an injuction I would. Blinder and Lidatek are COMPANIES that have 1 purpose....to make money. I bet Blinder or Lidatek will sue, but not for a few months at least. Blinder and Lidatek may even come together to share the legal costs considering both companies have patents.

    Bankrupt companies won't care about warranties guys. This is why I can careless about Drive-Smarts two year warranty. If drive-smart or AL get sued they may easily go bankrupt trying to fight the lawsuit and their goes all your warranties and promises of customer service :-(

    When those new jammers hit the market I hope GOL or someone with a laser gun will just sit there with one of Roy's laser testers or a real laser gun and have one of the jammers fire forever to see how long it takes to burn out the diode. Jim said they won't burn out if the diode is running to spec and not over driven. It would be nice if Antilaser and Drive-Smart let us know what diodes they were using, so we could see if they're being over driven or not.

    JTW
    Bring it on and see how much in damages we counter sue for LOL
    You need to prove a product breeches your patents and not just some vapourware that is quoted by people etc.
    No disrespect JTW but you know nothing about our company or history and experience in these types of fields.
    We already checked through everyones patents by the way as I am sure antilaser did as well.
    Patents apply to the UK and Europe as well and not just to the US.
    Its best to leave this to people who kow what they are doing rather than speculate don't you think?
    Our company has been established for many years already.
    Why are you so against our 2 year warranty?
    I bet you would bash the hell out of us if we said 90 days.
    Anyway let the customers decide what type of back up/Support etc they prefer and if they prefer a company that stands 100% behind quick responses and long term support.
    Whats really interesting and a point everyone has missed is that its what drives the laser diodes that plays the biggest part of the equation i.e the power supply you have designed.
    If you have a crap PSU design this is where you will get lots of long term problems,Stress to the PSU will cause ringing of components and eventual failure in the long term.
    You missed the point Drive-Smart. You admitted that your company wasn't that big, especially when you compare yourself to Blinder or Lidatek. Blinder and Lidatek know this and even if you did NOT violate a patent they could still sue you and you would have to spend alot of money defending yourself. How much money do you have to defend yourself? This is the sad truth, but everyone has a family to feed. Put Blinder and Lidatek into a corner and they might fight dirty.

    Don't take it so personal with me Drive-Smart. I'm not going to sue you lol. The threads topic was supposed to be about speculation and that's exactly what I gave. If you don't like the real world possibilities in the ruthless business world I'm sorry :-(

    For the record I hope you don't get sued though. I hope you come out with something as good as you claim.

    JTW

  9. #9
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    LONDON UK
    Posts
    492

    Default Patents

    Np JTW

    Its funny as business now a days is totally ruthless and to be honest we have spent many days dealing with this type of stuff in the past :wink:

    I think everyone is keeping technical stuff close to their chests right now and the most important thing is delivering a good product that works well.

  10. #10
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    868

    Default

    drive-smart

    I"m actually also very interested in your product, I don't suppose you can give an approximate release date? Your main selling points to me is the single head, and the range finder/parking sensor bonus, as those two items can be used to defend against a police who finds the jammer.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 02:08 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
  3. US market vs. European market LI ??
    By Dan GSR in forum Laser Interceptor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
  4. Bel RX65 ver 6.4 out on market!
    By Mindrunner in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •