Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE INFO ABOUT THE AL

OK I have really Heard enough Bitc.hing about well why did AL change the name and why havent said this or that. First off this is for stalker, I am posting what BMW PM'ed me back after I asker the questions about the warranty and what not.

1. The name change!!!
    It had to do with reasons of the US market. The name had to be changed because of paparwork, this is why I am not a fan of the FTC.

"Defender is name for USA (patent and trademark are registered before DS was talking about jammer....)"

2. Warranty!!!
    The warranty is for 1 year, BUT if you register with them you get 1 extra year.

3. Upgrades
    "You will be able to connect a CPU box from a Unit to PC via parallel programer wich will be available for sale or for borow from a local dealer.

Software will be available on net... "

I do agree with stalker and asking questions, but clam down about it "m8."

Also if you want to know something PM the guy and dont make a freakin huge issue and then relay the PM's to us for disscusion.

Guys we need to be prof. about this, We have had too many disscusions lock out because of mud slingin, lets leave that to the politicains and media!! :wink:

Advanced Member

good to know you can upgrade the Anti-Laser/Laser Defender from the comforts of your home computer

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Yeah...about that. I'm just waiting for the GOL to test production units, and maybe for prices to come down out of the **ouch** zone. I think everyone who isn't directly involved in this mess has pretty much tuned out until testing is complete. Maybe by then Blinder will have come out with a new photon cannon and I'll have to wait for that, too.

Got VEIL?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Yeah...about that. I'm just waiting for the GOL to test production units, and maybe for prices to come down out of the **ouch** zone. I think everyone who isn't directly involved in this mess has pretty much tuned out until testing is complete. Maybe by then Blinder will have come out with a new photon cannon and I'll have to wait for that, too.

Got VEIL?
    Yeah I'd like to see something in the $300 mark than $500.

Advanced Member

Diodes area bit more expensive than LEDs and the reason why they are in the $500 is to make a profit

At the Guys of Lidar, I would like to see a test of the Blinder M40, Lidatek LE 30 dual, Anti-Laser single head, and the Defender2...Simply because they are all in the same price range of $600, then we will see who is the best.

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Scratonicity Groupie

Here's the problem with that test and I can probably predict the winner. Is the M-40 going to be the one we have on the market today? If so it will get punch through at over 1000FT without VEIL!

However if its one of the newer units that have upgraded the power this might not be the case! I hope that the newer units got rid of the 1000FT+punch through!

A 1 head AL6, Defender2, dual lidatek on the same SUV is going to also include some punchthrough but at what distance I dont know! The diodes appear to do better at long range, however are usually not as consistent as an LED based jammer. Some times you'll get a JTG the next 500FT...

Its going to be an interesting test, if I had to pick the winner between those odds I'd pick the M40 on the SUV because it will cover the areas better! And its already been proven to be effective! Take the 1 head on the SUV with a LEO sitting at an angle and you have a car fairly close to your front - with the M40 you'd still be covered. With the single head your dead in the water!

What I dont like about the AL6.5 newest video is the gun is not at hardly any angle at all maybe a couple of degrees. I dont know about you all but how many times have you found your local police standing 3 feet from on coming traffic coming right a them? And in there video had the car with a jammer been behind the BMW it would of had no chance to do anything, if the laser operator had any skills!

If I where AL6 or Defender 2 I'd offer 2 heads for $500 but that's just me. After consulting my roommmate who just finished with a college class on manufacturing he's guessing that there might be $40 dollars worth of materials on a long shot! They are making the units for probably 40 bucks a pop and that kind of markup is not fooling me! Sure you have to factor in R&D but is that really calling for 460 dollars a unit?

For this test I'd stick with VEIL & the tride & true Blinder to come out the winner!

Advanced Member

Mike i saw a NYS Trooper standing in the middle of the slow lane with a ultralyte in hand waving people over

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Scratonicity Groupie

Oh, God!!!! Ok, I retract my statement those New York staties are crazy as hell!!! Maybe he has a massive life insurance policy?

Advanced Member

Well it was a curve and a hill so he could get good range with the lidar gun. I got on the CB to warn the truckers about it and they thought i was crazy until they passed him.most of the time there is a bit of an angle when firing

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    What I dont like about the AL6.5 newest video is the gun is not at hardly any angle at all maybe a couple of degrees.
    i see what your saying, but just a thought for ya. when they did the test on the rear of the vehicle, that was more of an angle, and i know there is a HUGE laser footprint for that in the rear compared to the front. they did aim for a short time at parts of the rear tail lights with the LTI i believe. also when the cars were coming close to the gun and the bmw went off to the side and the operator followed it, might that have caused a punchthrough if the jammer wouldn't be covering all of the front?

does the cosine error happen with laser? i cant remember

just my two cents. lemme know what ya'll think of this