Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Driving from Orange County to Ventura County weekly

Hello!

I already have a RX65 on my Kia Forte. I now need a good laser jammer. I am currently considering the LI Dual or M27. Which one should I get? I already read all of the reviews and stuff but I'm leaning toward the M27 because it can auto turn off after it jams.

I will be spending 60% of my time in Orange County, 20% in LA county, and 20% in Ventura County.

Thanks for the help guys!

HueManatee

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Driving from Orange County to Ventura County weekly

Much better.

The auto-shut off feature of the Blinder is for clueless idiots, not for the serious enthusiast who researches their purchase. It shuts off after seven seconds. You are going to be well past the officer in seven seconds, which means you will jam him the entire time he shoots you. In California, that means you are going to get pulled over and cited for your jammers, and possibly even go to jail. Bad move.

All jammers come with an on/off switch. Once you slow down to the speed limit, turn it off and let the officer get your speed, so you don't arouse suspicion.

Kia Forte has a complicated front end. The more protection, the better. A four head Blinder or a Dual LI are what you want just for the front end.

I'm from South Riverside/North San Diego Counties, where the radar is different from LA county and farther north. I hear that the OC is crazy with radar drones on the freeways, causing maddening false alerts. Glad I don't have to contend with that!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Lead Foot

I have to make that trip pretty often now since next year I am going to Cal poly. I already got 1 laser ticket on the route but that was a little more north in Santa Barbara. I also am looking for a jammer to make sure that doesn't happen again. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the LI because I drive a truly and it has a bigger front profile. For a forte I doubt a LI is necessary unless you want to ensure you are safe.

SS those k band drones aren't in OC, they a farther north along the 101.
    Last edited by ssick92; 07-25-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Experienced

The Forte does have a complicated front end so I was just asking.. From what Ive read on the forums, OC and the LA area in general is crawling with radar and laser.... The Blinder would be cheaper than the dual LI right?

Any responses would be appreciated!

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by HueManatee View Post
    The Forte does have a complicated front end so I was just asking.. From what Ive read on the forums, OC and the LA area in general is crawling with radar and laser.... The Blinder would be cheaper than the dual LI right?

Any responses would be appreciated!
    Well, I didnt know that the Forte has a complicated front end, so your best options would then be LI Dual, or the Blinder M47. If you only want front end protection, then the LI would probably be the way to go, but if you want rear protection too, then an M47 would actually be a VERY wise choice.

Yoda of Radar

Agreed that the Dual LI will be cheaper than a Blinder M47, and that's probably the way I'd go. That way, when you add rear protection, you'll only have to buy two more heads, and not an entire new system.

Just beware that CHP loves sticking laser up your tailpipe, so don't wait too long!

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

CHP is the devil.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    I hear that the OC is crazy with radar drones on the freeways, causing maddening false alerts. Glad I don't have to contend with that!
    This is actually Ventura County, not Orange County.

Yoda of Radar

Meh... Everything north of Perris is "Northern California" to me.

Yoda of Radar

With those wrap-around head lights, I would highly suggest an LI. I've shot many Blinder M27s and they're decent, but they don't give the bulletproof "peace of mind" that an LI does. Also, I personally have a ticket from CHP shooting laser at the back of my car from an overpass. If you don't buy the quad LI, you will be completely vulnerable to rear attacks. That's a lot of miles to be driving through laser country without rear protection.