Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is the LI Legal

Newcomer

Default is the LI Legal

Hi guys,

Just received my LI this week. My understanding was that given it was a "parking sensor" that it was legal in Ontario but now that I have done more reading I am not so sure anymore. Anybody care to comment?

Thanks

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: is the LI Legal

Kind of depends on how the law is written. If the law specifically outlaws any device that jams laser, or the act of jamming laser itself, then it doesn't matter what you use to do it. It's still illegal, just like robbing a bank with a fake gun is illegal. Ontario cops have no sense of humour.

That said, if you use it properly, you have nothing to fear.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon

Ontario LEO's are D***s, plain and simple. Like SS said, if you use it properly, they should be none the wiser. Jam, Slow, Kill and let them get a reading. Just be cool when you go through a RIDE spotcheck. To answer your post, they are highly ILLEGAL in our Communist/Police State.

Newcomer

Thanks for the quick replies - disappointing to hear they are so strict but from what you are telling me if you follow the rules generally you get by without getting caught. Do you know of any good installers in Toronto?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by canau View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies - disappointing to hear they are so strict but from what you are telling me if you follow the rules generally you get by without getting caught. Do you know of any good installers in Toronto?
    Not in Toronto, but I know of one in Oshawa. If not, I know an excellent one in Buffalo (Williamsville actually)

Newcomer

Sorry new to Toronto, what distances are we talking about between downtown Toronto and those areas?

Speed Demon

Approx 30 mins to Oshawa not at rush hour, and about an hour and half to Williamsville, NY. The ones in Williamsville are phenomenal.

Radar Fanatic

Sorry new to Toronto, what distances are we talking about between downtown Toronto and those areas?
    You might want to invest in an external speaker so you can hear the alerts.

Also, think about the placement of your CPU and switch so everything is well concealed.

Newcomer

Thanks Wolfpacal,

Would you have any idea how long they take to install it, and do they do installations on the weekend - that way I can drive down with the family and make a small trip of it? Is there much else to do or see there?

Speed Demon

Thanks Wolfpacal,

Would you have any idea how long they take to install it, and do they do installations on the weekend - that way I can drive down with the family and make a small trip of it? Is there much else to do or see there?
    The place in Williamsville will quote you a time, price BEFORE they take your car in the install area. They work Saturdays as well as M-F. They're closed on Sundays.