Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser Jammer In California

Yes, I know it is illegal to have laser jammers in California. But, I might as well get one. Hehe, the thing is .. I have no automotive expirience and I dunno how to install one. I don't want to take it to a mechanic just because maybe they dont know what a jammer even is(since they are illegal in CA), so how would they know how to install it. Does anyone live around the Modesto Area or anything and know how to install? Or can maybe ya'll give me some information on who I should ask about installing one. I dont want to buy one just yet, not until I know someone can put it on (and as hidden as possible)

Power User

If you can't find anyone to install it, just get it installed at an out of state shop that has installed them before. This is what I did since laser jammers are illegal in VA too.

Yoda of Radar

Have you called local car stereo shops? I am sure they will put it in for you! They won't be in any trouble for installing it for you.

Newcomer

I haven't called any shops yet only because they are probably gonna ask what I am gonna need for them to do, ect. And ... well, I dunno what they need to do (other than install it!!). And most places around here haven't even heard of jammers (kragen, circuit city, ect). Radar/Lidar isn't too much a big threat around this area. But the thing is, I drive about 60 miles to school everyday and there, CHP has all the latest technology ... So that's the reason for my wanting it.

Newcomer

I've installed a X50 Blue/ZR3 combo on my workvan (it kinda helped that I've got car stereo install experience); the three things you really have to worry about regarding the laser/lidar jammer are (1) finding a proper location for your front heads that'll allow you to mount them properly while still being discreet (you don't want LEO's peeping your illegal gear at the stoplight, right?), (2) getting the wires for the front and rear heads into the interior of your car neatly, and (3) finding a power wire that turns on at the same time you switch your ignition on.

Like the other posts are saying, though, I'm sure any car stereo install shop can do it, regardless if the gear is legal or not.

Just curious: What highway are you doing warp-speeding through to school?

Newcomer

Mostly highway 99 and a few occasions .. through 120 (when going through manteca...ect)

Yoda of Radar

When I suggested a mobile audio place I wasn't talking about the best buy or circut city places. Living out in paradise, you must have a bunch of high end stores.

Newcomer

Hehe... Paradise, I wish! I think Ill just wait until the new AL6 comes out before I think about getting one installed.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    Hehe... Paradise, I wish! I think Ill just wait until the new AL6 comes out before I think about getting one installed.
    That's what I am waiting on too. Try living in the anus state.... :cry: :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    That's what I am waiting on too. Try living in the anus state.... :cry: :cry:
    and what state would that be?.. honestly, i can't think of any state being anus other than Ohio...