Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    mrkookm

Default East Coast - * NY TRI-STATE AREA* Jammer meet

I was talking to radarrob earlier today and he's thinking of we should have the next big meet somewhere in the Tri-State area and I agree!!. I personally wouldn't mind the drive to experience something a little different. Thinking back on past meets, a lot of the guys do come from NY so this should make for an awesome and big meet, plus we would definitely see some new faces too.

He's asking any enthusiast within this area to scout possible locations and post pics or videos so that we can all come to an agreement. Please keep in mind the Homeland security enforcement is edgy in these parts, so the location should not be in a overly populated area. Also, DO NOT POST THE ADDRESS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN GIVE AWAY THE ADDRESS OF THE TEST SITE UP FOR CONSIDERATION.

The test site should have all or one of the following: incline/decline (cresting a hill type shot), a bend in the road and allow for an off-axis shooting position. Please do not scout for a straight and level road sites. We want to make the test as real world as possible and stress the effectiveness of the jammers.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mrkookm; 09-26-2010 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Title chg

Good Citizen

Default Re: East Coat - *TRI-STATE AREA* Jammer meet

Love the idea.

Sounds good, i'm definetely there. I think the ideal area woudl be westchester of further upstate, as there are lots of space in those area, i will see what i can find as i am in nyc!!! This should be good! After the meet we drive on the palasaides pkwy to local dinner and grab lunch or so!

Power User

Let me know, I don't have jammers yet but I'll hang out with you guys.

Yoda of Radar

What exactly are these "tri-states"?

From looking at your locations, it's obviously not the three that I know of as the "tri-states".

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Good Citizen

If it's around thanksgiving break you can count me and my father in, maybe one car with LI but possibly two or three depending on if I drive or fly home for break.

Radar Fanatic

Yea where's this gonna be held at, if you all want to use the MD site let me know. If we meet in NJ make sure a bomb goes off 5 miles away from where were testing so the cops don't bother us.

I'd be up for a meet in the Pa/Md/De/NJ area. 1st weekend of the month is always bad for me.

Mobile Installer

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Yea where's this gonna be held at, if you all want to use the MD site let me know. If we meet in NJ make sure a bomb goes off 5 miles away from where were testing so the cops don't bother us.
    Rofl.
    Last edited by radarrob; 09-30-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Mobile Installer

Guys find a spot and ill find out when i can get off work.MD is fine with me,going up north is no problem for me.Guys driving far for a meet should not be a issue unless if your more then 6 hours away. 2-3 hours is no big whoop,i drive alot to meet up with people and its apart of life.countermeasures are expensive only way to find out if they work is to drive and get them tested before hitting the streets.i have thousand's of dollars in equipment nothing is going to stop me for doing the hobby i love. Ive met hundreds of you guys from the forum.lets get this thing rolling and come out and have a good time.i had one person drive 9 hours to my location..thats a true dedicated enthusiast rite there.
    Last edited by radarrob; 09-19-2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."