Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Can 940nm Diode Be Forced to Emit closer to 900 nm ?

'' When there is a will , there is a way '' ,

because 904 nm laser diode are hard to get , is there some way to force a diode to emit a bit outside his own band . I doubt and cannot find anything related on the net . :roll:

Advanced Member

Laser diodes have a very narrow bandwidth, so basically you can't make them operate outside of that. Most jammers use a 905nm laser diode though. Here's the main sources:

http://optoelectronics.perkinelmer.c...aserDiodes.pdf

http://catalog.osram-os.com/media/_e...00032405_0.pdf

They shouldn't be too hard to get, there are probably lots of resellers out there.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Driving a pulsed laser is not easy without also using off-the-shelf driver boards, check out this app note:
    http://catalog.osram-os.com/media/_e...00018297_0.pdf

Jim

Professional

What is it exactly that you are trying to do?
    Thanks a lot for the infos.

I want to find a way to trigger my m-20 , not to test it , which i can do with my osprey .

I try to find the reason why the v-1 sets off but not the m-20 , is it due to the off-band of the 940 led / the wrong modulation / or combo of both ?

If i find a way to trigger the m-20 , then i could be close to build a constant ''jamming'' noise maker , not exactely a real jammer but a kind of annoying added noise in the laser band concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 411radarlover
    What is it exactly that you are trying to do?
    Thanks a lot for the infos.

I want to find a way to trigger my m-20 , not to test it , which i can do with my osprey .

I try to find the reason why the v-1 sets off but not the m-20 , is it due to the off-band of the 940 led / the wrong modulation / or combo of both ?

If i find a way to trigger the m-20 , then i could be close to build a constant ''jamming'' noise maker , not exactely a real jammer but a kind of annoying added noise in the laser band concerned.
    The blinder alerts only to 904nm. The V1 on the other hand will alert to any laser between 820 - 950 nanometers, as stated on the V1 website.

Good Citizen

You can use 880 nm IR LED's. Drive them hard - pulse them at about 4x rated current at a very low duty cycle. When these diodes are driven hard they heat up and the emission frequency creeps up towards 900 nm. Use my Lidar tester published on this forum and adjust it to suit your diodes.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Can 940nm Diode Be Forced to Emit closer to 900 nm ?

Quote Originally Posted by 411radarlover
    '' When there is a will , there is a way '' ,

because 904 nm laser diode are hard to get , is there some way to force a diode to emit a bit outside his own band . I doubt and cannot find anything related on the net . :roll:
    Hey I just noticed Perkin-Elmer has an office on the A40 service road Est in Kirkland

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    The blinder alerts only to 904nm. The V1 on the other hand will alert to any laser between 820 - 950 nanometers, as stated on the V1 website.
    Why doesn't Valentine rectify that? Isn't all LEO Lidar 904nm?

Advanced Member

Sorry to raise more questions than answers, but:
    The Riegl FG21-P is supposably 730 nm. But Blinder supposably jams it, a guy from Germany tested it.

Jim

Suf Daddy

Default OT but

You Avitar looks like turn 10 at NHIS.
    -Suf Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by o2bad455
    Why doesn't Valentine rectify that? Isn't all LEO Lidar 904nm?

Professional

Smart ,

thank you for the adress , what I found would be a killer as a parking sensor :

Advanced MOCVD grown multiple quantum well types at 905nm with strained InGaAs active regions to enhance temperature performance and reliability. Peak output powers range from 5 W to 120 W when operated at a 150 ns pulse width. Significant increases in peak power are attainable at shorter pulse widths. Package options for this series include C, R, S, U, and Y packages. Other packages may carry price premiums and/or longer lead times.
    ref. :http://opto.mondosearch.com/cgi-bin/...%20VTE1163H%20