Professional

Default Anyone seen this?

It's about Anti Laser G9. The part I find interesting is the head doubles as a red/white fog light. I never knew that until I watched this video in full.

Last edited by barryswanson; 12-10-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Experienced

Default Re: Anyone seen this?

Directly quoted from their website:

AntiLaser still ahead of competition!
    Guys of LIDAR April 2006 tests have shown once again that AntiLaser still performs better than other competitive Laser Countermeasure systems.
    www.guysoflidar.com

So they're still advertising with 2005 & 2006 GOL tests!!! Think I'll save my money for the LI HP Quad.

Professional

I like the shape of their sensors, the fog light is a good idea for stealth purposes but how they do their one head setup makes it look stupid and more obvious as to what it is.

They don't have a US distributor and until they do they can't really compete with LI in the US

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman76 View Post
    So they're still advertising with 2005 & 2006 GOL tests!!! Think I'll save my money for the LI HP Quad.
    But then you won't have the LED "fog lamps"! Your loss!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman76 View Post
    But then you won't have the LED "fog lamps"! Your loss!
    I already have fog lamps. I hate those people who run around town with their "fag" lights on, most of them either have one burnt out or the lights are blinding.

Power User

We just need replacement bulbs with J. diodes. Maybe a center mass sensor...

Lead Foot

Nice idea except having rear or front fogs on when there is no fog is gonna increase your chances of getting pulled in the UK.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by charles charlie charles View Post
    Nice idea except having rear or front fogs on when there is no fog is gonna increase your chances of getting pulled in the UK.
    As silly as the "fog light" idea seems, it does make just enough sense to be worthwhile. Not worthwhile as auxiliary lighting, of course. But with all the ricers and low-riders putting all manor of goofy lights (neon, LED, etc...) on their cars just for show, this could well help conceal the purpose of the jammer heads on close inspection. It makes as much sense as the "parking sensor" defence, and is easier to demonstrate.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charles charlie charles View Post
    As silly as the "fog light" idea seems, it does make just enough sense to be worthwhile. Not worthwhile as auxiliary lighting, of course. But with all the ricers and low-riders putting all manor of goofy lights (neon, LED, etc...) on their cars just for show, this could well help conceal the purpose of the jammer heads on close inspection. It makes as much sense as the "parking sensor" defence, and is easier to demonstrate.
    Fair comment SS.

I wrongly assumed (possibly) that the fog light component would always be on. If AL have made them such that the driver can turn them on and off whilst having separate power control over the jammer component then it's a neat idea.

If however the LEDs have to be on whenever the jammer is on then it would only draw attention. It doesnt help that the AL heads have somewhat limited mounting positions due to their depth.

It's certainly good to see that finally some thought has gone into adding further deniability to a jammer setup. I for one am not very comfortable with the parking sensor bluff.

Hopefully we'll see more developments with the other manufacturers....