Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rottweiler Land
    Posts
    10,420

    Default One more reason to hate the Anus state

    Went to lunch today and see that my laser shield was ripped off by the high winds....

    If I buy another one, depending on the AL6 and cover it with a clear plate cover to keep it from happening again will it still be effective?

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    How about puttig a clear cover over the lasershield and then veiling the clear cover? That should be quite effective.

  3. #3
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,806

    Default

    What's to say the wind wouldn't rip off the clear cover?

    Couldn't you mount the replacement Laser Shield more securely? Say, by using large washers? Does your plate mount have 2 or 4 screws/bolts?
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  4. #4
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rottweiler Land
    Posts
    10,420

    Default

    It has 2 screws, that's why I lost it I am sure...I saw it flapping in the wind the other day but thought it was tuffer than that. Time to install some bottom screws, and veil the cover. If I didnt drive a big truck with lots of laser aiming room I would be more worried. without a jammer I am dead anyway....

  5. #5
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    It has 2 screws, that's why I lost it I am sure...I saw it flapping in the wind the other day but thought it was tuffer than that. Time to install some bottom screws, and veil the cover. If I didnt drive a big truck with lots of laser aiming room I would be more worried. without a jammer I am dead anyway....
    i only have two screws on my car. what i did is i took two black twist ties (not the best becuase i know they'll rust through soon) and ran them through the holes on the lasershield and the bottom of my plate and tightened them really tight. havnt had any problems. i'd suggest something that wont rust of break tho, dont know what to suggest tho. duct tape is always good too

  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    i wouldnt put anything in front of it.

    Just get a plate surround and fit that...sheild wont budge with the surround on there

  7. #7
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,806

    Default

    Instead of wire twist ties, use the plastic "zip" wire ties. They'll hold the shield in place, they won't rust, and if you use the semi-clear white plastic ones, they won't be all that visible either.
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  8. #8
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rottweiler Land
    Posts
    10,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    It has 2 screws, that's why I lost it I am sure...I saw it flapping in the wind the other day but thought it was tuffer than that. Time to install some bottom screws, and veil the cover. If I didnt drive a big truck with lots of laser aiming room I would be more worried. without a jammer I am dead anyway....
    i only have two screws on my car. what i did is i took two black twist ties (not the best becuase i know they'll rust through soon) and ran them through the holes on the lasershield and the bottom of my plate and tightened them really tight. havnt had any problems. i'd suggest something that wont rust of break tho, dont know what to suggest tho. duct tape is always good too
    Great idea thanks kid!

  9. #9
    Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kpatz
    Instead of wire twist ties, use the plastic "zip" wire ties. They'll hold the shield in place, they won't rust, and if you use the semi-clear white plastic ones, they won't be all that visible either.
    thats what i was trying to think of! thats the perfect solution. didnt remember that when i wrote that last post. thanks!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. For those of us in the anus state....
    By Rottman in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 06:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •