Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Best Jammer for Europe

Hi,

I'm going to Europe in a couple of weeks. I heard that laser was a main issue there so I would like to know whcih laser jammer is best for me.
    I allready had a look at some articles here and thought the M-20 was very good.
    But some friend in germany told me that the M-20 would bring up a sign "jammed" on some radar guns when approaching them and this would be very bad because every police would stop you and search your car for a jammer.

Would be cool if someone could help me out,

bye
    Justme

Old Timer

The m-20 is an excellent choice, but I believe they are illegal over there. However, I dont think they would stop you if you slowed down to a legal speed and then switched off the blinder. As long as they can get a reading I dont think theyd get suspicous. I think those guns that read "jammed" really just mean that it isnt getting a reading. This could be different from the type of car, where he is aiming & what color. I think you'd be ok.

Advanced Member

I've been to Germany many times (have relatives in Frankfurt area) and my understanding is that the number 1 threat is still photo radar.
    The German Cops love it!
    I was there last year....didn't see any Laser traps (it was in January though) ....but lots of Photo Radar.......for what it's worth...... the speed limit on most highways is 130 KPH (80MPH) ........and Germany still has some unrestricted sections of the Autobahn :wink: .......depending on what you're driving you may have trouble keeping up ....... also on the Autobahns the Police use unmarked cars like Porsche's, Audi's BMW's equipped with video camera's and radar ( the Cops actually play back the tape and show you your infractions)...FYI passing on the right is a SERIOUS offence and they have a zero tolernace to drinking and driving or any agressive driving.........have a safe holiday

Newcomer

What if you don't speak German?

Good Citizen

But some friend in germany told me that the M-20 would bring up a sign "jammed" on some radar guns when approaching them and this would be very bad because every police would stop you and search your car for a jammer.
    They probably mean on a specific Lidar gun widely used in Europe, German LaserPatrol lidar. It will trigger E14 JAMMED error when encountering Blinder equipped car. There are two jammers that I know of that are synchronized to LaserPatrol so it doest show JAMMED error but some other usual error code.

Newcomer

sounds good to me

I hope my Bel RX65 is going to pick up the Photo Radadar. Did anyone encounter those and could test it with a radar detector? How is the detection range? I guess not as good as "normal radar" but still ok to brake.
    I think I can use the M-20 in the USA also and in germany where I'm going to someone told me there are many laser traps were police wait and then pull you over.

Another question: How difficult is it to install a M-20 Laser Jammer? I'm not a pro in installing things in a car and I don't want to do any damage to the car the people over there hand out to me

Advanced Member

What if you don't speak German
    No Problem.......the Cops speak English VERY well...... :wink:

Advanced Member

Dude....remember you are a Foreigner in Germany.......and pissing off the Cops may not be worth the trouble....you might find your butt in a German jail......maybe slowing down in this instance is your best bet.....
    remember you can drive 80MPH legally on most freeways.....something to think about....

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    What if you don't speak German
    No Problem.......the Cops speak English VERY well...... :wink:
    Interesting...I didn't know that Thanks.

Professional

You probably won't find much information on radar detectors verus photo radar... for whatever reason, it just isn't a popular topic and often forgotten and overlooked.