Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000$ budget

Speed Demon

Default Re: 1000$ budget

Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dict View Post

I will be travelling from florida to new york and vise versa about 3-4 times a year. I have been told the redline is the way to go for that, you don't concur?
    NO. If you're making drives like that DO not get the redline. I traveled from CT to FL this April, and I ran the V1 and redline together. I would have been soo ****ed if I just ran the redline.

Why?

Because the redline sucks against I/O. And you will run into a lot of I/O in the south (Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina). Secondly, the V1's bogey counter saved me TWICE. On my way back through North Carolina there was a leo driving on the other side of the highway running C/O Ka band while driving...my V1 alerted with a forward arrow. Once he passed the back arrow lit up then I sped up...THEN my V1 showed "2" Ka bands with both the front arrow and back arrow lit. After about .3 miles, there was another leo sitting in the bushes running C/O Ka band. Now if I was just running my redline, I would have never known there were two leos. I would have shrugged off the first alert because I would have thought the leo passed and it was the same alert. Thank god for the V1 or I would have been owned.

Speed Demon

Lots of differing opinions on the forum because we drive in different areas and get exposed to different sources and tactics. We all seem to agree on the LI for jammers. In VA you need the Redline or STi R Plus or don't plan on going fast. V1 is my first choice in a window mount highway detector due to it's quick response, good range, arrows and concealed display. Redline has the best range but is not as responsive. STi R Plus had the Redlines range and is responsive but is expensive. All three are top detectors. No one detector is perfect.

Radar Fanatic

My redline's picked up I/O... I think it's an awesome detector, but sometimes seems asleep at the wheel. It beats the V1 for range in almost every situation. If you drive in hilly area, it's also a better choice.
    Last edited by Weeth; 07-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    My redline's picked up I/O
    Any high end RD will pick up I/O. But the consistency of picking it up is what it comes down to. And the Redline does not have consistency. That, is a fact.

1/3 if you count the first off axis I/O shot.
    1/3 = 33.33 percent, of the shots. In my book, that is not acceptable and will eventually lead to a ticket in a highly populated I/O city/town/country.

Radar Fanatic

Sti r Plus and Li put what u don't have saved On a credit card and pay it off asap

Other times I wouldn't tell anybody to do this but better then having something you don't want

Plus it helps the economy unless you go bankrupt!!!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atticuss187 View Post
    My redline's picked up I/O
    Any high end RD will pick up I/O. But the consistency of picking it up is what it comes down to. And the Redline does not have consistency. That, is a fact.

1/3 if you count the first off axis I/O shot.
    1/3 = 33.33 percent, of the shots. In my book, that is not acceptable and will eventually lead to a ticket in a highly populated I/O city/town/country.
    Redline beat the V1 in that encounter? I saw it miss one shot though.

For my encounter, I didn't expect it to pick up the first shot, since it's off axis (~90 angle to cookie cop) and the sti-r is mounted outside of the car. I was surprised how it missed the fatal shot though.

Otherwise, the redline has had no problem detecting I/O for me. I wish I'd been recording for my first I/O encounter with it.

Newcomer

I have the Bel STi Driver and a set of LI Duals.

Lead Foot

NY to FL means passing thru VA. Redline would be a good option, or STI-R+, which is pricey.

The V1 is great too but is detectable. They have radar detector detectors that can detector your detector, motherf******.
    :-)

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:47 PM.