Good Citizen
    North Carolina

Default Denali Testing Time!

With my wife's schedule, it's going to be tough getting to someone with multiple guns to test for a few months. So, I rented a Prolaser 3 from Suf Daddy today.

I've played with the gun for a few hours. It seems easy to use. It's very similar to the hud on my Eotech, so nothing I'm not use to. Any pointers would be appreciated. If you don't want it in the open forum, pm me. For this evening, I shot at two different locations. The wifey made several runs at 50ish mph. She was sooo happy to help.

My setup: LI HP Duals

Attachment 5627

Attachment 5628

Location 1: 900 ft - I shot from the window using my arm as a rest. The first three runs I did the CM, LFH, RFH. As the vehicle would crest the hill, I would take aim at whichever area I was targeting and shoot. Then I would try some of Suf's suggestions.

Attachment 5629

Location 2: 1900 ft - Same drill

Attachment 5630

I never got a punch through and any run at either location. So, give me pointers. Did my locations suck? Any suggestions on technique would be appreciated. I'm pulling out the tripod for any other testing. I know this is just one gun, but it makes me feel much better until I can get time to test it with harder to jam guns with an experienced shooter.

I may be screwing up, but I'm cutting the grill and setting the heads back flush with the hood and retesting this week.

Advanced Member
    Southern MA

Default Re: Denali Testing Time!

I would use the 1900ft location and position yourself of the road 15ft at least and try the PHL, DHL and CM. I would go 30mph and try it out

Your current install is just about perfect so do some testing and let us know

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96