Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Add front license plate...doesn't seem logical

I am new to Laser Jamming and relied on this forum to make an informed decision of what equipment to buy and for placement. I am also in a BMW forum where I asked for pictures of other e60 instalalls. One of the guys that offered up his pictures had this to say.

"I live in FL so I don't have a front plate requirement either. The problem with having them aim on the headlight, however, is that only ONE transponder is really working for you which can limit the effectiveness. I placed a large Euro plate on the front to incent them to aim at the center plate, thus invoking both transponders providing me better coverage."

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. From what I have read in here no front plate is what you want. Am I wrong?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Add front license plate...doesn't seem logical

If you have 2 sensors on the front, one on each head light it will be more than enough. I personally have one beside each head light and one right above my license plate.

Speed Demon

I put my front plate on only after I installed my jammer as I wanted them to aim at the plate instead of the highly reflective headlamps. However, before I put on my front plate I got flat spray paint and painted over the highly reflective CA plate. Then I painted on the plate numbers. It looks very much stock but doesn't reflect nearly as much. Not sure by how much it reduces my laser profile but with a white car I'll take any help I can get.

Advanced Member

Both heads of Laser Interceptor will fire if one or both heads detect a valid laser threat. The guy on the BMW forum is incorrect. All jammers are not created equal.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Both heads of Laser Interceptor will fire if one or both heads detect a valid laser threat. The guy on the BMW forum is incorrect. All jammers are not created equal.
    I'd like to point out that I am here for a reason! Go to where the guys know what they are talking about. Thanks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by machtschnell View Post

I'd like to point out that I am here for a reason! Go to where the guys know what they are talking about. Thanks!
    Exactly. Always come here before you listen to anything those morons are saying. Just read some of the threads about RD's and jammers. 95 percent of the time, the $hit that they post is sooo incorrect, i.e., exactly the statement that guy made about both heads not firing.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by atticuss187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by machtschnell View Post

Exactly. Always come here before you listen to anything those morons are saying. Just read some of the threads about RD's and jammers. 95 percent of the time, the $hit that they post is sooo incorrect, i.e., exactly the statement that guy made about both heads not firing.
    Hello there. I'm the guy from the BMW forum that you are calling a moron.

Just so you know, I NEVER said that both heads would not fire. You misunderstood.

What I said was that if you don't have a front plate, and the officer aims for one of your headlights, then only one of your two transponders are working for you. Why? . . . because even though both heads are indeed firing, the head that's on the opposite side of the headlight being aimed at really isn't doing much or "working for you" because its coverage isn't going to extend all the way to the opposite side of the car where the headlight that's getting hit is located.

Rather, the head that is closest to the headlight is the one doing the lion's share of the coverage because it's physically closer.

I added a center front plate to incent the officer to aim at it, instead of the headlight, so that I have maximum coverage from both heads being physically closer to the aiming point.

Oh, and I use LI BTW.

Speed Demon

lol nice first post ^^^ .. you never know who those lurking guests

Power User

Back in the day there were some jammers that only had one head like the LPP, were 2 heads better yes, the point is the LI is so powerful that if you put just one head on a non reflective small vehicle with say hidden headlights and with proper positioning it might just protect it. So your theory about the one head not being able to help the other is not correct.

I am not recommending it just saying.

Lead Foot

(nm)
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-08-2011 at 10:17 PM.