Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default To buy or not to buy...

So based on this forum and getting pulled over after getting hit with laser (82 in a 55 and in a construction zone, no ticket though) I realized that I need to get a jammer to pair with my V1. I am 99.9% sure that I am going to go with the LI's but I have a little bit of a problem. I am going to be getting a new car in the the next few months and want to just wait until then to get a jammer but in the mean time I still do a lot of driving and I don't feel protected.

Should I wait until I get a new car to install the jammer or should I just wait it out? I don't know how hard it would be to uninstall and re-install on a different car, or if it is even possible for that matter.

Speed Demon

Default Re: To buy or not to buy...

It all depends on what kind of car you have now. If your car, for example, is a 2012 Audi A4 then installing an uninstalling would be cake because that specific car has great placement options in the grill which makes it for an extremely easy install. On the other hand, cars like BMW's or any car that has a vertical grill is a pain in the ass to install because you usually end up cutting the grill...and if you're getting a new car in a short period of time then IMO, it would not be worth it. Post up pictures of your current car and we will be able to give you better advice.

Good Citizen

Right now I have a 2003 Saab 9-5. I think, based on looking at some installs on other cars, the best place would be in the grill because it is pretty open. I am looking to get a 335i or something along those lines. Do you recommend specific cars that would be better performance wise over others?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
    Right now I have a 2003 Saab 9-5. I think, based on looking at some installs on other cars, the best place would be in the grill because it is pretty open. I am looking to get a 335i or something along those lines. Do you recommend specific cars that would be better performance wise over others?
    If this is your car, I would definitly install jammers on them. It looks like a really easy install in terms of mounting the heads. It will be a piece of cake to mount and unmount. My suggestions are below.

Good Citizen

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! How hard is the install including the wiring and stuff?

Look at the Audi S4 if you're looking at the 335i. Similar cost, better performance, AWD, and MUCH easier to install jammers on. JTG on my front heads with no drilling or cutting, just good old 3M mounting tape and a level and aligned install.

Speed Demon

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! How hard is the install including the wiring and stuff?
    The wiring is actually the most difficult part. The mounting, aligning and leveling is actually the eaisest. It took my friend and I three hours to find a firewall on my car so I could run the wires from the fuse box to the outside of my car in the grill. Wiring probably takes the longest, BUT if you know where your fuse box is and you know where the firewalls are then it should take someone who knows what they're doing a little under two hours for a complete install.

What part of NY are you in? I'm in MA and I wouldn't mind driving up to help you out. Plus, I have guns so I could event help you test too!

Quote Originally Posted by helix139 View Post

Look at the Audi S4 if you're looking at the 335i. Similar cost, better performance, AWD, and MUCH easier to install jammers on. JTG on my front heads with no drilling or cutting, just good old 3M mounting tape and a level and aligned install.
    x2. If you plan on getting a 335i...good luck with the install. BMW's are the hardest car to protect and to install. Why? Well, look at the grill. The placement options are far from ideal AND the grill is vertical. You could mount the heads vertically, however, vertical installs tend to do much worse than horizontal installs. With any BMW, you're going to have to cut the grill and spend much more needed time on the install due to the awful placement options.
    Last edited by atticuss187; 08-23-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Lead Foot

So based on this forum and getting pulled over after getting hit with laser (82 in a 55 and in a construction zone, no ticket though) I realized that I need to get a jammer to pair with my V1.
    Sounds like a good story. How'd you get out of this?

Good Citizen

Frenzy - The LEO was really chill and I was honest and I told him I was speeding and that I didn't have a real reason for it. It was the day before my birthday so he said between me being honest with him and my birthday he'd cut me a break. I got a ticket for having a license plate holder (apparently they're illegal in Ny state).

Atticuss - I'm in Albany and I'm somewhat familiar with Mass so I could always come to you. I just don't know when I would be getting the LI's, probably not for at least a few months. Im guessing the Quad's would be best for this sort of car.

And as for the Audi, I like them a lot but my buddy was going to sell me his 335i for like half of the CPO value because he is moving to the city and doesn't need it anymore.

Professional

I'm out on Long Island. Closer to queens. If you need help, send me a PM