Lead Foot

Default how easy is it to jam this gun?

I been looking around on here and just reading up on the guns and have a few questions between guns.

Is one gun much easier to jam than other? reason why im looking at buying a kustom pro lite laser. Just to have and test and bull crap around with. I guess what im trying to say is it very easy for a LI to jam this gun compared to ultralyte. I know there is a price difference. This way if its a little more money i rather just buy something thats it worth the test and messing around with.

Default Re: how easy is it to jam this gun?

looks like the prolite isnt that hard for the LI to jam....actually looks like almost all the guns aren't hard for the LI to jam...lol

Lead Foot

Stalker LZ1 is one of the harder to jam along with the UL series.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by teeto View Post
    Stalker LZ1 is one of the harder to jam along with the UL series.
    Not an easy gun by any means, but it also depends on the firmware revision. The LED-based units have always struggled with it, especially the ZR series. I would not bank on any jammer reliably jamming all firmware versions of the LZ1 other than the LI IMHO.

Lead Foot

So is 1200 a reasonable price for the custom pro lite then?

Speed Demon

Take the GOL tests with a grain of salt. The GOL test on straight courses, while we at ECCTG test off axis, giving the gun the advantage. We do this to see what our jammers are actually capable of and to test in the "worse case scenario". Here's a test we did back in May of 2011. This will give you a much better idea of which guns can be "deadlier" than others and which guns are "eaiser" to jam.

You can look at the test course here: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...a-results.html

We did not test with the pro lite at this meet, but I can say from lots of experience that the pro lite is by far one of the easiest guns to jam, if not the easiest. If you're looking for a good gun to test with much better off getting a Truspeed, Ultralyte, Pro Laser 2, or Stalker.

Lead Foot

What angle were these shots takin in? Herr is Michigan we have few overpass units and also a few on shoulder hits. The Leo that use the should either shot far well above 400ft or super close, in the case if yesterday a red car in front of me got pulled over and Leo was off the left shoulder and hit less than 100ft. Took him a second to play catch up.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by muledoe1 View Post
    What angle were these shots takin in? Herr is Michigan we have few overpass units and also a few on shoulder hits. The Leo that use the should either shot far well above 400ft or super close, in the case if yesterday a red car in front of me got pulled over and Leo was off the left shoulder and hit less than 100ft. Took him a second to play catch up.
    I'd rather not state how far off axis it actually was, but if you click on the link then you can see the picture and perhaps get a better understanding. Overpass shots are pretty much what we were testing against, except our course was a little more deadlier. Overpass shots are not nessicarly, off axis because they are just an elevated shot. The closer the car gets to the over pass the more off axis the shot becomes.

Mobile Installer

All Lidar guns are hard to jam.It depends on the shooter and being trained on how to use it.The hardest gun to jam is the Laserchad.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."