Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blinder install - to beat rear Poliscan setup ( australia )

Hi fellas,

Those that have read my introduction in the ' introduce yourself ' part of the forum will know that I'm installing Blinder transponders to beat the Vitronic Poliscan Camera from getting you from behind. - This speed camera has now been introduced into Western Australia..

This is the proposed location for the rear transponders:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1361/carpicture2.jpg

The Blue lines are the ideal locations for the transponders. However due to the unseen curve of the spoiler ( and easy to see to thieves ) I have opted to install them just above the bumper ( red lines ).

The car is a Ford XR6 turbo

As suggested, the transponders have been angled at a 30 degree angle.
    Last edited by IH8HSV; 09-22-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder install - to beat rear Poliscan setup ( australia )

You have the right idea because of the way the Vitronic Poliscan Camera shoots.

Experienced

For a stealth install would it be possible to put them in the red section of your tail lights just under your reverse lights? Not sure if that is an IDEAL spot, but getting the transponders hidden may be a priority as well? Nothing like getting pulled over and your car scrutinized by the LEO.

Good Citizen

Hi IH8HSV,

the Poliscan is a nightmare as has off axis detection. 30-45 degrees sounds right but I think you will need your heads as much towards the edge of the car as possible. I will try to find some infringement photo to upload so you can see the angles - and this is after detection....

I have been researching an install for the same purpose -(albeit on a VE Commodore and for the LI, not the Blinder)- The LI has a detection (and jamming) arc of about 20˚. The Poliscan for rear shots is variable, and can be set as such. However, I understand that it is at about 25˚ from perpendicular as it scans, the photo is actually taken a fraction of a second later. I am looking at placing the LI heads on an angle of about 30˚ from the centre line of the car. I am also planning on installing the front heads on an angle of 20˚. Now take into account that I currently have a pair of GF 100 heads up there. They give great warning of a Poliscan (Front shot only!), but do not have the jamming capability. So I am not relying on the LI for anything other than Poliscan. If it helps the GF with hand held laser from the front, that's great, but it is really for those pesky Poliscans! The idea of the rear angle on the heads is to assist the thing with the short reaction time. The let down, is that if you are shot from the rear with a hand held from the merging ramps, or a bridge across a freeway, it may not work in your favor. I think it is really a matter of balancing the risk verses the advantages.
    Back to the install. I have a schematic if you would like to see it. I can email it to you if you PM me.

Good Citizen

Here are some rear facing Poliscan photo, the angle will be of interest - The Poliscan measures the speed before this photo is taken.

image1 resize.jpg206181_240098612691421_100000738531702_810999_2704293_n.jpg

The first photo is interesting as the camera is set back so far from the road (even a post in the way). Like I said - nightmare of a device...

Just one other point regarding the Blinder and GF100 (rebadged Laser Mark), if someone will confirm this on the forum but I recall reading somewhere that 2 different manufacturer of jammers heads could cause a jammed code on a laser handheld?

The Blinder is multiple time better than a GF100 at jamming from what I have read anyway.
    Last edited by qwsoftware; 09-25-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Hi Fellas,

Thanks for your replies.

''SANDMAN76'' - Im not worried about a stealth install as they are not illegal at the moment in Australia. - Especially considering they are only ' parking sensors ' hehe.

Supposedly the frenquency that the Poliscan runs at isnt regulated, and any device can be used on it.

I have included photos below of the install...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know the rear transponders are quite low - but it was the only place we could find that would provide a safe secure fit.

Time will tell if the height makes much difference.

If they could be mounted straight - then they could be mounted under the spoiler or even under the ledge just above the number plate.
    Last edited by IH8HSV; 09-27-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Hi fellas...

Had my first encounter with the poliscan today. Tricky buggers had a car parked on the side of the road - as if it was broken down.

The front Blinder transponders gave me at least 50m warning. I also had my Bel RX65 radar detector, which gave me a laser alert about 15m from the camera. So I'm happy with the Blinder system giving heaps of warning.

Still trying to find a rear set up - to test the rear!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by IH8HSV View Post
    Hi fellas...

Had my first encounter with the poliscan today. Tricky buggers had a car parked on the side of the road - as if it was broken down.

The front Blinder transponders gave me at least 50m warning. I also had my Bel RX65 radar detector, which gave me a laser alert about 15m from the camera. So I'm happy with the Blinder system giving heaps of warning.

Still trying to find a rear set up - to test the rear!
    Hi IH8HSV,

Afraid the forward facing Poliscan starts measuring your speed from 75 metres so you had no advance warning. Did this in vehicle Poliscan setup have a dark tinted back window? I think they are experimenting by tinting the window to hide the camera (and limit radar detector range) - not sure how this effects the poliscan.

Hey QW, do you happen to know the distance that the Poliscan reads from the rear shots? It seems to me that it as you pass the thing it begins reading. I understand that there has to be some distance from the unit so that the cosine error is reduced, but I have a lovely happy snap to remind me of a trip to Bunbury, and the car seems to be not that far forward of the 'up the ar$e' photo. The photo shows the car side more than the back!
    The reason I ask is that I am ready to install an LI on my VE. I have posted my intentions on the "Install an LI on a sedan" post. If you have any thoughts I would appreciate them. Thanks in advance.