Thread: LI + Veil

Newcomer

Question LI + Veil

I'll be installing some LI jammers but I'm wondering if its worth considering adding some Veil in the future to my headlights and tail lights? I will only have the LI sensors on the front so not sure if its even worth doing the rear just for that little extra protection... Is the veil even worth putting on at all? This is also a brand new 2012 Jeep SRT8 so I'm a bit worried about the veil screwing up my headlights.

Newcomer

Default Re: LI + Veil

Quote Originally Posted by Street- View Post
    I'll be installing some LI jammers but I'm wondering if its worth considering adding some Veil in the future to my headlights and tail lights? I will only have the LI sensors on the front so not sure if its even worth doing the rear just for that little extra protection... Is the veil even worth putting on at all? This is also a brand new 2012 Jeep SRT8 so I'm a bit worried about the veil screwing up my headlights.
    No Veil is not going to help. Standard LIs will be more then enough if placed properly.

Good Citizen

With 2 LIs positioned correctly on the back, adding Veil is pretty useless. Getting PTs at close range is near to impossible.
    If you use a single LI on the center back, PTs at close range are easy especially when the reflectors are far to the right and left. I don't have reliable 1st hand experience with Veil, but did some tests with another (local) product. Applying that on the rear reflectors resulted in much improved protection with a single LI on the back.
    I would advice you to install 2 LIs on the back. (As I did)
    Last edited by fulcrum; 12-28-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Advanced Member

Im going to disagree with the previous posters. I've been jamming with LIs since they came from Europe on both motorcycles and my automobile. Living in Ontario I have to have a stealth install so my mounting positions usually arent optimal.

Ive attended 3 testing sessions and have learned that the LIs can be defeated if the set up and the conditions fall a certain way.

In the real world .... there can be dips in the road, traffic obscuring heads, road grime on the heads etc. Veil gives you some extra insurance or the "defense in depth" as Veil guys talks about.

So my recommendation would be to deal with your front plate at a minimum and consider doing your headlight to be safe
    Last edited by spankyaf; 01-08-2012 at 11:53 AM.