Thread: California

Default California

I'm moving to CA soon and both in my current state, and obviously there, jammers are illegal. Is there even a 0.001% chance that they can find a laser jammer if I use both JTK and a retractable housing (so it looks like headlight wipers or something), and carefully hide any switches or buttons? I know just JTK should be enough but I'm paranoid and I know some LEOs would just have an orgasm if they saw an error and pulled you over and illegally searched your car for buttons and whatnot.

Palm Beach Gardens FL.

Default Re: California

I would say no. JTK is the way to go!
    Even if they did pull you over they need to prove you were using such a device.
    In 13 years we have never seen this law enforced, don't abuse it.

Lead Foot

Actually, they don't need to prove that

28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheTech View Post
    Thank you for this extremely useful post.

So what is JTK

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheTech View Post
    So what is JTK
    Let me google that for you
    (note it is NOT jammer timed kill, some retarded 16-year-old white trash boy posted that video)
    It's jam to kill and it's when you slow down the exact moment you get a laser warning and then turn the jammer off so it's basically undetectable, but lidar guns are pretty much perfect so any LEO with half a brain would still pull you over for either obstruction of justice or if it's illegal something much more severe.

Toledo, OH

Yes, But do not forget that a Laser Jammer is a infraction in CA( if you have 3 jam heads or less). Do not think there is any provision for them to rip it out of your car / bike even if they find it like some states. I also believe a infraction is a $40 to $100 ticket, it may also be a fix-it ticket. IE( Must remove the system) Unlike a moving violation in CA that tends to start about $450 for 10mph over. I may be moving back in the near future, I will take my chances. Ha