Good Citizen

Default why have veil if you dont need it-please read.........

I have had on my 2001 toyota silver celica(day run lights) and i have a non chrome reflective front plate. i have a lp 904 by bel and in s florida havent had a ticket since 2000. but even 2 weeks ago, its still jamming laser with no problem i guess cause they jump out in the middle of road and like fish in a barrel the officer picks all cars all around me to pull over but always i got let go and i had jtg on i think alot of occassions(they use prolasr3 in palm bch county cops motorcycle)
    but i never got veil yet and im getting from roy a lp 905 with my tax check due in 2-4 weeks now, im getting a lp 905 for my other car. i mean, 5 years and the bel laserpro 904 is still looking fine(i check with a level once a week just to make sure everything is level.
    to the point-------i never have veil in all these yrs so should i reallly get it on the newer bel lp905 for my other car? i mean i hear it works but i never had any problem jamming police with bel jammers and i plan to put all 3 up front since its a blazer, not a small celica. plus , in 5 yrs, i never got hit with in the rear once. they get you from frontals here in fla.
    i just dont think you need vel unless maybe you have very newish reflective surfaces but i have a gold with very little chrome and the headlights so i may get the veil for this blazer but my celica has been jamming fine for 5 plus yrs and it still works.
    first-tax check in less than 4 weeks now-i sent in 2 weeks ago and it takes 6 weeks. im buying with a m/order the lp905 from roy, veil later probanbly, and i got a place who will hook it up for me.
    sorry i wrote a book, im real excited about the rd and lp 90-5 upcoming. thanx dan

Radar Fanatic

Veil is valuable because it improves the performance of your jammer. No jammer is perfect, and there is always a range at which the jammer can no longer do its job due to the strength of reflection, among other things. If you cut down on your vehicle's lidar cross-section you can make that distance much shorter, improving your odds if you are caught by surprise at close range. It also buys you insurance in the event that your jammer does malfunction. It's not mandatory, just a good idea.

Power User

check www.guysoflidar.com laser jamemr test results. You will see the ZR3(same jamming performance as LP 904 & 905) jam the PL3 and the Laser Atlanta normal mode to the gun almost everytime without Veil. If cops in your area started using a different laser gun like a Stalker LZ1 you would need Veil with that jammer.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    check www.guysoflidar.com laser jamemr test results. You will see the ZR3(same jamming performance as LP 904 & 905) jam the PL3 and the Laser Atlanta normal mode to the gun almost everytime without Veil. If cops in your area started using a different laser gun like a Stalker LZ1 you would need Veil with that jammer.
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Stalker, LTI Marksman, LTI Ultralyte, or the Laser Atlanta will see some huge punch throughs on the lp905 w/o veil.

Good Citizen

Default iwas wrong, again... i will get the veil with the lp905

guys of lidiar is right and the testing is right and you guys are all right. i just was being nieve thinking that i may not need veil with the jammer simply because i have not had any problems with my older lp 904, but with newer software and newer guns being around, i said a pretty dumb thing. i can read good, veil is a must, its just almost so hard to believe it works as well as it does. thanx dan
    VEIL WITH THE LP905 WHEN I GET THIS MONTH FOR SURE. THANX :?