Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: al priority

Default al priority

Im exited ive just reveice my al priority single head system to fit on my 2014 kia forte...cant wait to test it !...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: al priority

Look forward to seeing the install. Why just one head? I do not think that will give enough coverage.

Good Citizen

anyone else buying these? read the test results on another form and they say the AL priority is the best of the best... any comments? was looking at the 4 or 5 head install for my 2009 cts-v lidar is EVERYWHERE in houston.....

guess i'll keep searching...

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

You really need to upgrade the system to a 2 head system. The ALP handles the Dragon Eye Compact along with all the Laser Ally guns with ease.

While the ALP's single head performance is highly admirable and does perform well you will see PT at less than 200m, for me that's unacceptable but two heads is bullet proof.
    One on the rear works ok at distance but the rear is where it is critical you are covered well if the LEO's in your area shoot Truecams from over passes.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    While the ALP's single head performance is highly admirable and does perform well you will see PT at less than 200m, for me that's unacceptable but two heads is bullet proof.
    One on the rear works ok at distance but the rear is where it is critical you are covered well if the LEO's in your area shoot Truecams from over passes.
    I expect to test both a single head and then a dual head with Veil on my Bimmer.

Will publish the results.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    I expect to test both a single head and then a dual head with Veil on my Bimmer.

VG
    I really look forward to seeing that! After putting veil on my brake lights with a single sensor, it definately made a positive difference making it more difficult to gain a lock but still gained PT's with a single head, that was with a UL gun, but I may be able to test with a Stalker sometime soon, I can't wait to see how that turns out..

Veil is a great product but I would still not be totally comfortable without two heads, then know I am much safer.
    Last edited by Dragons; 03-21-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Removed nested quote.

Manufacturer

VG
    I really look forward to seeing that! After putting veil on my brake lights with a single sensor, it definately made a positive difference making it more difficult to gain a lock but still gained PT's with a single head, that was with a UL gun, but I may be able to test with a Stalker sometime soon, I can't wait to see how that turns out..

Veil is a great product but I would still not be totally comfortable without two heads, then know I am much safer.
    I understand. Speaking for myself, I've long held that JTG performance is overrated and designed to sell jammers.

I can not recall a single instance when initial targeting distance was ever really fewer than 400 feet on a secondary road or 800 feet on the highway. In other words I believe I never have needed JTG performance in the real-world. I find I turn my jammers off long before PT and with Veil in the mix I have that extra layer of protection as well.

Granted, I don't live in a state where I see laser daily so I can appreciate others who experiences may be different from mine.

I think the real challenge today is the ability for a jammer to see the new frequenty updated and multi-varietal police lasers that are now in circulation. If your jammer can not detect or jam at all then you have no jammer effectively. Forget JTG, it's IPT!

When you realize that certain jammer companies have been working hard to suppress this information then you may appreciate that last point. The fact that this just happened to me in Florida a couple days ago means that threat is very real now. I expect the ALP and HP905 to excel in this regard. The others, not so much.

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 03-22-2014 at 04:52 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

VG

I understand. Speaking for myself, I've long held that JTG performance is overrated and designed to sell jammers.

I can not recall a single instance when initial targeting distance was ever really fewer than 400 feet on a secondary road or 800 feet on the highway. In other words I believe I never have needed JTG performance in the real-world. I find I turn my jammers off long before PT and with Veil in the mix I have that extra layer of protection as well.

Granted, I don't live in a state where I see laser daily so I can appreciate others who experiences may be different from mine.

I think the real challenge today is the ability for a jammer to see the new frequenty updated and multi-varietal police lasers that are now in circulation. If your jammer can not detect or jam at all then you have no jammer effectively. Forget JTG, it's IPT!

When you realize that certain jammer companies have been working hard to suppress this information then you may appreciate that last point. The fact that this just happened to me in Florida a couple days ago means that threat is very real now. I expect the ALP and HP905 to excel in this regard. The others, not so much.

VG
    VG - Most of the lidar encounters in the big city start at 250ft or less. LEO sits at the bottom of the overpass & as the car tops the overpass, it starts getting clocked at 250ft. Without JTG performance, you get to see a disco show.

In my area JTG/JFG performance very much does matter, thankfully we don't have to worry about new lasers being deployed constantly as the local boys in blue only sign a new contract with vendors every 5 years..

That aside, JTG/JFG matters because Truecam is used in my area, often from over passes on motorways getting the rear of speeding vehicles, given the small distance from the overpass LEO's get you JTG/JFG very much does matter.

The remainder of speed traps similar to Won are down the bottom of hills or very well hidden with very little distance, often at 150m or less.. The only place we get more distance is on the motor way with LEO's sitting in the median strip targeting cars, often can be up to 600m.
    Last edited by Dragons; 03-22-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: correct spelling