Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Explain to me- how police laser can work with a car facing away from traffic?

Explain to me- how police laser can work with a car facing away from traffic?

I've recently come across a few traps where the sneaky bastards are in a car facing away from traffic and no visible laser gun. There is a cop in the car, obviously with a laser gun, but how can he get a reading unless he is facing traffic? Do they hold it out the window pointing backwards? Damned if I could figure it out.

Any thoughts?

Good Citizen

Default Re: Explain to me- how police laser can work with a car facing away from traffic?

They can either shoot you as you approach them using their side mirror to reflect the signal backwards, or shoot you from behind after you pass them.

Banned

Default Re: Explain to me- how police laser can work with a car facing away from traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
    They can either shoot you as you approach them using their side mirror to reflect the signal backwards, or shoot you from behind after you pass them.
    If you read the Lidar Manuals, this is NOT an approved or authorized use of the gun ..................................Great fodder for cross-exam

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    If you read the Lidar Manuals, this is NOT an approved or authorized use of the gun ..................................Great fodder for cross-exam
    True, but they sometimes do it anyway, like they do with POP.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post

Of course a Cop would never lie under oath.

Lead Foot

Maybe a good reason to use a dashcam?

Radar Fanatic

They can either shoot you as you approach them using their side mirror to reflect the signal backwards,
    I've tried this with my Truspeed several times and have never gotten a reading. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Administrator

Spoke with a person late last night that had this happen to him, the officer used his mirror to reflect the beam back into the gun. He needed some help for his trial coming up in mid-January.

This is not an approved practice by any laser gun manufacture or not the international police chiefs association

RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Radar Roy View Post
    Spoke with a person late last night that had this happen to him, the officer used his mirror to reflect the beam back into the gun. He needed some help for his trial coming up in mid-January.

This is not an approved practice by any laser gun manufacture or not the international police chiefs association

I remember at SML 10 years ago that some LEOs were talking about "cowboys" of Texas DPS doing things like this. I thought it was funny at the time, but not if LEOs are issuing tickets using such practices!

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
    They can either shoot you as you approach them using their side mirror to reflect the signal backwards,
    I've tried this with my Truspeed several times and have never gotten a reading. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    As an experienced Shooter I can verify this tactic is possible from either side mirror & also the RVM.