Default Need advice before I spend the $$$$$$

I'm looking for the best anti laser system. Simple right? Not so simple everybody has a favorite. But I'm looking for a chart to compare what each one can do and not do. I was dead set on the ALP but the installer is trying to sale me the passport STiR plus with shifter package he says is better. But I also like the blinder. HELP!!!!!

I already have a radar detector installed the passport Smart radar detector. This radar detector has a data port see picture and supports the shifter package. Should I just go with the shifter since I already have the passport?

I'm so confused.... Can anybody help a new guy out?

Not sure if it matters or not but I live in California.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Speed Demon

Default Re: Need advice before I spend the $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I'm looking for the best anti laser system. Simple right? Not so simple everybody has a favorite. But I'm looking for a chart to compare what each one can do and not do. I was dead set on the ALP but the installer is trying to sale me the passport STiR plus with shifter package he says is better. But I also like the blinder. HELP!!!!!

I already have a radar detector installed the passport Smart radar detector. This radar detector has a data port see picture and supports the shifter package. Should I just go with the shifter since I already have the passport?

I'm so confused.... Can anybody help a new guy out?

Not sure if it matters or not but I live in California.
    Well, you could do a lil homework for yourself right here on this Forum. If you scroll down to the "Member Product Reviews, Testing, and Videos Section" (Blue Tab) & then select Thread "The RALETC Jammer Test for 2015" for your consideration & start there.

Your installer is telling you what he believes is the Best choice, but that doesn't necessarily make it so,IMO. I've owned & used Blinder, Laser Intercepter over the years attempting to find the very best of all. I finally arrived & use the Top Dog now. There are much better RDs than what you currently use now, but yours isn't bad.

You'll make the best choice by being more informed than you are presently, do some reading...ask questions - then & only then will you have enough information to decide.

Thank you for the advice and direction. I did already do lots of reading and have even had a few emails back and forth with Radar Roy. He has been super helpful. I like the random pulse rate detection of the ALP system and not relying on a static database like some of the others. I also like the ability to update. And like your advice has pointed out that's why I'm here to ask questions from real users with real time and real world advice. I can read till my eyes bleed but nothing beats the real user experience. Thanks

After taking your advice and doing more reading. I'm trying to review the test results and I get this MSG, I'm not trying to edit anything I'm just clicking on the JPG picture with the results in it

SurrealOne, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

(edit)
    I found the results on the RLF
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 07-13-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    After taking your advice and doing more reading. I'm trying to review the test results and I get this MSG, I'm not trying to edit anything I'm just clicking on the JPG picture with the results in it

SurrealOne, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

(edit)
    I found the results on the RLF
    Thanks again.
    This is b/c you are new & have a very small "Post" count. More participation in Forum activities will earn you more access to Threads you are currently prevented from viewing.

You'll encounter the same situation on the Forum you found (RALF) & mentioned above.
    I would suggest you continue to Post here also b/c there is a very large wealth of info here going back many years. I still search thru them & find golden nuggets everytime I do !

Newcomer

I think that for a new install the ALP is the only game in town currently. I have LI installed in 3 vehicles and though very happy with them, know I have no protection against most of new LIDAR guns out there. I am lucky that in my part of country most LEO's are still using older guns. Heck, the OSP even still use X-band radar on their new Dodge Chargers. I am disappointed that there has been no upgrades or information from LI and updates or even hope for something new.

please read the results on radarbusters test in April. ALP is the best with stri plus.

Radar Roy’s Lidar Shootout Results | RALETC
    Last edited by Electronicdude; 07-19-2015 at 06:40 PM.

stimger is the new product for Cliff Crane he was owner of LI. It has a radar detector plus laser jammer together.