Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default So I Take It a Lidatek LE30 Dual or Single is Usless?

I run Lidatek's and they seem to keep me protected or I am just lucky or so I read.

I am interested in refitting a silverado and a Dodge Charger and would like to know whats the best value these days. Or your opinions of said.

Thanks

Silverado

Administrator

Default Re: So I Take It a Lidatek LE30 Dual or Single is Usless?

The Lidatek was a "brute force" type of laser jammer and I doubt it would be very effective against todays stuff
    Would recommend the ALP - AntiLaser Priority Laser Jamming System - RadarBusters.com

Quote Originally Posted by therock View Post
    I run Lidatek's and they seem to keep me protected or I am just lucky or so I read.

I am interested in refitting a silverado and a Dodge Charger and would like to know whats the best value these days. Or your opinions of said.

Thanks

Silverado
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Newcomer

Thank You,

I may be lucky or the surrounding Atlanta area LEO's are not updated.

I tried to research some hard data of the Lidatek failing in a test and cannot find anything concrete. Most say its lacking and as old as it is I am open to that.
    I would love/hate to see some hard data or testing results.

Thanks

Administrator

drive safe
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Radar Roy View Post
    The Lidatek was a "brute force" type of laser jammer and I doubt it would be very effective against todays stuff
    Would recommend the ALP - AntiLaser Priority Laser Jamming System - RadarBusters.com

Quote Originally Posted by therock View Post

Thanks

Silverado

LE-10 is still effective for 5 seconds anyway, against all of the guns. You can't hit what you can't see.....................

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    LE-10 is still effective for 5 seconds anyway, against all of the guns. You can't hit what you can't see.....................
    My friend, exercise what you do so expertly 99 % of the time to avoid painting yourself into a corner here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    My friend, exercise what you do so expertly 99 % of the time to avoid painting yourself into a corner here.
    OK, let me rephrase that, 99% of the shooters then You're the exception and so is Mirage

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    OK, let me rephrase that, 99% of the shooters then You're the exception and so is Mirage
    You're still not there !
    I'm sure there are many LEO's that are the equal of some of the best enthusiast marksman we know among us (including the 2 aforementioned). That isn't what the issue is here but rather I mean as relates to the electronic capabilities to handle modern Lidars. Mr. Laakmann was a genius & saw far into the future, if he were still w/ us he would be 1st to tell you that you're wandering out on thin ice as regards your claim above.

Newcomer

I'm back. Thanks guys for your replies.

I'm looking to get the ALP onto a 2nd vehicle I just purchased and have been researching and see there is a big push to add a third head between two already spaced within the 24-inch maximum. I don't get it.
    When a LEO targets a head light, what good is the third head added @center? If 24-inch is the spec'd distance, why push a third one?

Thanks,

3/15/2016 8:37:32 AM Can you please help me where to place the heads on my esclade? i do have a front plate. should 1 sensor go to to right hand side of left head light in grill, 2nd in middle of grill, 3rd to left side of right head light in grill? i want make sure i have correct locations. does any go near license plate which is lower part of bumper near black tow hitch.
    Customer3/15/2016 8:38:31 AM i have a 2007
    Customer3/15/2016 8:43:33 AM can i still run LI at same time with no interfence
    Customer3/15/2016 9:03:06 AM I wanted to know if you have any possible way of knowing what laser guns are used in my area. The area is ct,ri,mass,nh,vt, pa upper state heading camelback resort soon.

1 I have a quad Li system kmow with sensors under my front lic. plate right know.
    2 I want get an ALP 5 head 3 front 2 back.
    3 I wanted to know best spot to place heads. Should one go in grill upper part to right of left head light, next in middle of grill, finally 3 sensor in upper part grill to left of right head light. My concern is the front lic. plate is low on this 2007 caddy esclade. If the sensors are high in the grill will they cover my plate if that gets shoot at? I do have redlight camera cover old school with white lences and new veil on plates.
    4 Please explain if LI quad can be run at same time as ALP 5 sensors? Can Alp sensors in rear be close LI without any interfence? Get back to me when you can.
    Customer3/15/2016 9:59:59 AM https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=51577&p=696613#post696613

Subject:installing 3 heads on a caddy escalde

Response:

Verification: