Experienced

Question LI/V1 vs Truspeed S ?

So I had a situation yesterday when I was on a highway. It was during the day so there were a lot of cars, probably 4 cars within my immediate area.

My sexy LI voice comes on with the alarm. I couldn't tell if she said "TruSpeed" or "Unknown gun" because my music was loud. Nothing from the V1! So I wrote it off as maybe an anti-collision sensor on one of the surrounding cars, UNTIL....about a 1/4 mile up I see an unmarked LEO perpendicular to the road (window down) and the sun lighting up the lenses. Now it did not look like a gun like the oringal TS or an UltraLyte, it looked more like binoculars and most closely resembled the TruSpeed S.

Cliff: also weigh in on this if you're out there. Has anyone had any issues with their jammer picking up lidar from the Truspeed S, WITHOUT anything from the V1? Perhaps I wasn't the target with at least 4-5 other cars being within my immediate area and the LI was just picking up scatter from another car?

Note my LI has the latest firmware.

Thanks!

Manufacturer

Default Re: LI/V1 vs Truspeed S ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xen0n flash View Post
    So I had a situation yesterday when I was on a highway. It was during the day so there were a lot of cars, probably 4 cars within my immediate area.

My sexy LI voice comes on with the alarm. I couldn't tell if she said "TruSpeed" or "Unknown gun" because my music was loud. Nothing from the V1! So I wrote it off as maybe an anti-collision sensor on one of the surrounding cars, UNTIL....about a 1/4 mile up I see an unmarked LEO perpendicular to the road (window down) and the sun lighting up the lenses. Now it did not look like a gun like the oringal TS or an UltraLyte, it looked more like binoculars and most closely resembled the TruSpeed S.

Cliff: also weigh in on this if you're out there. Has anyone had any issues with their jammer picking up lidar from the Truspeed S, WITHOUT anything from the V1? Perhaps I wasn't the target with at least 4-5 other cars being within my immediate area and the LI was just picking up scatter from another car?

Note my LI has the latest firmware.

Thanks!
    It's been my experience that LTI beam dispersion patterns tend to by more "vertical" and thin versus wider. If you are close enough, as good as the V1 is, it may not go off. Not common, but possible. I would suggest that you make sure your V1 is up to date. If a pulse pattern is unusual that can also make if harder on detection, even as good as the V1 is (one of the very best, btw).
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 03-17-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook