Good Citizen

Default ALP Laser jammers

After many years away from the community and family at RD I've come back. I had a cop in my area that I swear was on this forum so I stayed away for a while. In this time I realized some of my equipment is now outdated. My LI's which I love have appeared to have let me down recently. I received a laser ticket around Cambridge Ontario on the 401. Neither my LI's or ZR4's went off. I believe it was either the Dragon, or Laser Ally.

So before I get the lectured about 2 jammers running at a time my ZR4's are receive only.

I just bought ALP today to upgrade my LI's

Does ALP now jam all? Is the Dragon or Laser Ally in Ontario for sure?

Manufacturer

Default Re: ALP Laser jammers

Quote Originally Posted by dcdave78 View Post
    After many years away from the community and family at RD I've come back. I had a cop in my area that I swear was on this forum so I stayed away for a while. In this time I realized some of my equipment is now outdated. My LI's which I love have appeared to have let me down recently. I received a laser ticket around Cambridge Ontario on the 401. Neither my LI's or ZR4's went off. I believe it was either the Dragon, or Laser Ally.

So before I get the lectured about 2 jammers running at a time my ZR4's are receive only.

Yes, I believe you may come across some in this province. There is also a DE dealer in Ottawa.

I saw an ALP fail on one DE gun last year in Arizona and the results were withheld, but I suspect the jammer was subsequently updated. I believe the ALPs at the moment offer the most complete coverage, but new guns come online which will require them to be documented and then programmed for. The ALPs do appear to have the processing and firmware updating capability to distinguish them from the other jammers when it comes to a number of DALA guns.

The Blinder is expected to have something very shortly to also combat these, I believe, and they should also be available at a lower price point. I personally am waiting for the Blinders as I haven't really come across the need for the ALPs. Your situation sounds different, though. Just keep in mind, as I am sure you already know, that jammers and detectors are outlawed in ON, so please be careful. I believe the fines are a least $400 for being caught with one. At least they were at some point.

Good luck.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post

Yes, I believe you may come across some in this province. There is also a DE dealer in Ottawa.

I saw an ALP fail on one DE gun last year in Arizona and the results were withheld, but I suspect the jammer was subsequently updated. I believe the ALPs at the moment offer the most complete coverage, but new guns come online which will require them to be documented and then programmed for. The ALPs do appear to have the processing and firmware updating capability to distinguish them from the other jammers when it comes to a number of DALA guns.

The Blinder is expected to have something very shortly to also combat these, I believe, and they should also be available at a lower price point. I personally am waiting for the Blinders as I haven't really come across the need for the ALPs. Your situation sounds different, though. Just keep in mind, as I am sure you already know, that jammers and detectors are outlawed in ON, so please be careful. I believe the fines are a least $400 for being caught with one. At least they were at some point.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the response. I have the ALP's added to my vehicle and shot them with my Kustom 2 Pro laser and my laser Atlanta ( both Stealth, and regular modes ) All three tests was jam to gun with 2 heads on a pickup. No bad at all. Love the upgrade able software that is a nice touch.

Not sure if you remember we met once about 5 years ago in Niagara Falls in a jammer test. And a few years later I think we met a the Sema show in Vegas. Thanks again for the feedback.

Dave

Professional

Good luck.
    Thanks for the response. I have the ALP's added to my vehicle and shot them with my Kustom 2 Pro laser and my laser Atlanta ( both Stealth, and regular modes ) All three tests was jam to gun with 2 heads on a pickup. No bad at all. Love the upgrade able software that is a nice touch.

Not sure if you remember we met once about 5 years ago in Niagara Falls in a jammer test. And a few years later I think we met a the Sema show in Vegas. Thanks again for the feedback.

Dave
    It was actually here in Buffalo where you guys met, at my first meet.

It's great to see you back, dcdave. It's been FAR too long! The ALP will serve you well. It has been recommended by the US distributor that for complete protection against VPR guns, and ESPECIALLY the DALA/DE guns, a 3rd head should be added. If you recall, I used to own an M47. I upgraded to an LI Quad and had many ticket-free years. With the proliferation of DALA/DE in Ontario (ask wolfpacal), I then upgraded to the ALP Dual in 2014. I was pretty much JTG against all guns with my Taurus except the aforementioned. I now own a Jeep, and added a 3rd head to my ALP system for complete frontal protection. However, the only way to know is to test!
    Last edited by Qui-Gon; 05-13-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Speed Demon

Welcome back to the Community, dcdave.
    I believe Qui-Gon may hold a Testing Meet eventually in the Bflo area this Summer, be sure to attend if you can so we can run you thru the Lidar gauntlet to make sure you are fully protected.
    Be careful in the GTA as the DragonEye "Compact" (also the Full size "SpeedLidar",too) has made an appearance in 2 of the suburbs recently & it's a serious threat to be taken seriously !

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon View Post

Good luck.

Dave
    It was actually here in Buffalo where you guys met, at my first meet.

It's great to see you back, dcdave. It's been FAR too long! The ALP will serve you well. It has been recommended by the US distributor that for complete protection against VPR guns, and ESPECIALLY the DALA/DE guns, a 3rd head should be added. If you recall, I used to own an M47. I upgraded to an LI Quad and had many ticket-free years. With the proliferation of DALA/DE in Ontario (ask wolfpacal), I then upgraded to the ALP Dual in 2014. I was pretty much JTG against all guns with my Taurus except the aforementioned. I now own a Jeep, and added a 3rd head to my ALP system for complete frontal protection. However, the only way to know is to test!
    I have heard the 3rd head alot more. It makes sense that the extra head can help with the VPR's. I think that and rear protection are going to become pretty standard as more LEO's are doing rear enforcement in North America.