Thread: Nothing new??

Default Nothing new??

Why does jamming seem to be a limited interest field. I feel there are little posts, and much of the information is old, & dated .......

Speed Demon

Default Re: Nothing new??

Quote Originally Posted by The Blur View Post
    Why does jamming seem to be a limited interest field. I feel there are little posts, and much of the information is old, & dated .......
    What do you bring to the table ? Share your knowledge & maybe it will spark some dialogue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    What do you bring to the table ? Share your knowledge & maybe it will spark some dialogue.

I like to Jam to rock n roll @Redrocket likes the "Carpenters"

I wish there was a bunch of "new" out there honestly and Jammer costs are very high for many drivers so the audience is smaller versus RD users.

I really love the performance of my ALP's but wish there was more competition and development. If a LIDAR manufacturer figures out the Achilles Heel on the ALP's then the LEO's will get a huge upper hand. Much of the tech used in today's systems came from the Blinder Guys but they never had a good update system and pulse guns killed them. I wish they or some of the LI players would get back to innovation.

As LIDA R becomes the dominate speed enforcement there will be a bigger market for jamming and bigger incentive for the gun manufacturers to defeat them.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by CliftonParkGMan View Post

I wish there was a bunch of "new" out there honestly and Jammer costs are very high for many drivers so the audience is smaller versus RD users.

I really love the performance of my ALP's but wish there was more competition and development. If a LIDAR manufacturer figures out the Achilles Heel on the ALP's then the LEO's will get a huge upper hand. Much of the tech used in today's systems came from the Blinder Guys but they never had a good update system and pulse guns killed them. I wish they or some of the LI players would get back to innovation.

As LIDA R becomes the dominate speed enforcement there will be a bigger market for jamming and bigger incentive for the gun manufacturers to defeat them.
    I'll take a crack at this one.

I think because for a variety of reasons (mostly dictated by marketing efforts of certain vendors, spokespersons, sales affiliates, community group think and politics), discussions in the jammer community have tended to be anti-intellectual. It's been this way for years unfortunately ever since Anti-Laser (followed by Laser Pro Park, Laser Star, LI--to name a few) started trying to make inroads in this market in direct violation of Blinder's patents. These contingents have on more than one occasion hijacked forums and testing groups, and subsequently intelligent discussion and within proper realistic context. It has always come down to this (plug-in any popular mfr name of the day) is the best, the only one to consider and every other model 'sucks' and those that believe or use them are either "stupid," ignorant, or shills, when I feel that in reality the opposite may be true.

One of the most recent narratives that can (and should) be told, actually relates to ALP.

Today the ALP is regard so fondly by many online enthusiasts, but before that LI was perceived as the king. And for that perception to have changed, it came at great personal and financial cost to early adopted and supporter of ALP. If you were aware, on the RDF forum, LI had infiltrated (co-opted) the admins, as they did on this forum years before that. Some of the "deals," free products that were given, financial incentives that were used to influence opinion all served to undermine the new truths. Milone (the guy behind ALP USA) had paid a big price for that for a time. He was banned from the RDF forum (as were entire blocks of enthusiasts, like all citizens of Australia!) and was forced to create his own forum for those willing to be open minded enough to actually embrace the new technology. For that I applaud his tenacity and commend those that were the early adopters. It can be tough to peal through the BS. Now that they've made nice, I suppose you won't hear much discussion about it, but there are plenty who know how things have gone down.

The jammer industry is a very very small niche relative to the RD industry and jammer manufacturers don't have nearly the resources that the big players do, which is why I believe some have exploited the forums (and the "independent" testing groups) in the manner that some have done.

Most of the record is in plain sight if you wish to sort through it all and most of the history actually happened on RD.net with these earlier players and continues to play out on other popular forums to this very day. Just take a look at any other jammer sub-forums to see the kind of posts that are made against others who either disagree or don't have the same priorities or agendas as the more outspoken members.

Perhaps this wasn't the feedback you were expecting, but these perceptions are coming from a guy who has been in the forum community since the very beginning (with the creation of RD.net) nearly 12 years ago.

I, like you, would really like to see more productive and substantive discussions. It's just tough to do when things almost always seem to get nasty and very personal with those that have differing opinions or experiences.

Regards,

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 08-28-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook