Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default Simmons yardage master laser range finder cant test blinder

    Just joined this group i am in uk and just imported the simmons 1000 range finder hoping to test my blinder x-treme 20 on the speed gun mode i had no such luck blinder x20 unit does not detect the simmons laser so i feel as if i have just wasted my cash on this item as i specifically bought this for testing my jamming equipment, however my bushnell yardage pro triggers the blinder x20, i also have the Target LT400 i have done a little testing it does trigger the LT400 and will post results soon

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    get an Osprey, this should trigger it, it also does speed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,854

    Default Re: Simmons yardage master laser range finder cant test blin

    Quote Originally Posted by DEEJUK
    Just joined this group i am in uk and just imported the simmons 1000 range finder hoping to test my blinder x-treme 20 on the speed gun mode i had no such luck blinder x20 unit does not detect the simmons laser so i feel as if i have just wasted my cash on this item as i specifically bought this for testing my jamming equipment, however my bushnell yardage pro triggers the blinder x20, i also have the Target LT400 i have done a little testing it does trigger the LT400 and will post results soon
    Do you happen to know what nm diode the simmons use?

  4. #4
    Suf Daddy
    Guest

    Default

    Just on the surface, both the Simmons and the Osprey ( and maybe the Bushnell) all have a speed function.

    The OSprey shoots a stream of pulses to calculate the "speed"

    The OS also has REALLY DARK coated optics.

    The SImmons range to the foot where the OSprey is in Meters or yards..........

    The Speed "range" of the simmons seems higher too........

    How does onE calculate the pulse stream of a LIDAR unit (at home)?
    -Suf Daddy

  5. #5
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suf Daddy

    How does on calculate the pulse stream of a LIDAR unit (at home)?
    You need to construct a circuit using a photodiode, and then connect it to a freq counter. It could be done on an oscope too, but the freq counter would give you a direct readout of the pps.

  6. #6
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15

    Default

    re laser nm i am still waiting for the manual to arrive as it was posted separately as my cousin forgot to put it in with the unit so i will check on this when i get it, i have been taking a close look at the simmonds when using night shot i can see laser flashing on and off about every half second then sometimes it flashes more rapidly for as long as button is pressed whereas my bushnell emits approx 5 second constant stream so the simmonds looks like on night shot video a strobe light and the bushnell like a flashlight if anyone interested i could probably make a short avi of this, what happens if speedgun manufacturers make their laser guns shoot laser like the simmonds, blinder would not be effective at jamming because it seems not to detect this type of laser in the first place, i have just done a test with my Target lasertrack LT400 it detects laser instantly it tries to get a speed reading i get erratic readings 159.9mph 89 mph 42.4 mph ect the car was only doing 20 mph true speed i got punchthrough at 89m and 50m then on another run it was 20m.

    punchthrough ranges are approx as i had to do a seperate range check as the simmond dont display speed and range together, also these were handheld tests as there is no tripod thread on the range finder

    also tested on Bel 995 and whistler laser detector all detects this laser from the simmonds

    Thoughts

  7. #7
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Computer interfacing!!
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Wonder if it has anything to do with the low power drain feature? Specs mention 3 times the battery life of other units.

  8. #8
    Suf Daddy
    Guest

    Default

    I made video like this last week of the OSPREY. I can send it when I get to a DVD drive that works..........

    The light pulses look like the white passing line markers on the road, just very short and all in a row......

    If the unit has a slow pulse rate, video Can capture 1/30 of a sec per frame 30 frames = 1 sec NTSC video
    If one could count the pulses on each frame a low pulse rate gun could be determined the old fashioned way..............

    The wierd readings are sweep or panning errors.
    YOu outside the car shooting the vehicle, or inside shotting signs, the ground and items that go by the car while your drving it at 20 MPH????????

    -Suf Daddy

    Quote Originally Posted by DEEJUK
    <<SNIP>> i have been taking a close look at the simmonds when using night shot i can see laser flashing on and off about every half second then sometimes it flashes more rapidly for as long as button is pressed whereas my bushnell emits approx 5 second constant stream so the simmonds looks like on night shot video a strobe light and the bushnell like a flashlight if anyone interested i could probably make a short avi of this,

    SNIP

    i have just done a test with my Target lasertrack LT400 it detects laser instantly it tries to get a speed reading i get erratic readings 159.9mph 89 mph 42.4 mph ect the car was only doing 20 mph true speed i got punchthrough at 89m and 50m then on another run it was 20m.

  9. #9
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    I had a video of it here...c.ant seem to find it...ill do a search and post it if i find it

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. laser range finder to test laser shifter?
    By levigne25 in forum Escort
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
  2. Why Doesn't Blinder jam Laser Range Finder?
    By gxsr_sarge in forum Blinder Laser Jammers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 09:10 AM
  3. Could I jam my laser range finder?
    By tosi in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM
  4. Which laser range/speed finder to use to test jammer?
    By anjoem in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 01:50 AM
  5. Laser Range Finder
    By ms121269 in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 03:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •