Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Drive-Smart Defender2 laser jammer diode fail test

Drive-Smart, you have (4) 25W diodes in your defender2 that hasn't been released to the public yet.

My question is if one of those laser diodes burns out will the other 3 laser diodes still fire? Is your CPU set up like christmas tree lights? If one bulb goes out will all of them go out?

Will you have a diagnostics check with each power up that will tell us if a diode burns out?

To make sure you're not over driving the diodes at 25W can you tell us what manufacturer makes your diodes and what item number it is. I personally don't want to buy a jammer if the diodes are overdriven for fear of burn out. Why did you decide to go with that diode manufacturer instead of going with the other? Are your diodes a higher quality then Anti-Laser Pro Parks's?

JTW

Lead Foot

Default Re: Drive-Smart Defender2 laser jammer diode fail test

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    Drive-Smart, you have (4) 25W diodes in your defender2 that hasn't been released to the public yet.

My question is if one of those laser diodes burns out will the other 3 laser diodes still fire? Is your CPU set up like christmas tree lights? If one bulb goes out will all of them go out?

Will you have a diagnostics check with each power up that will tell us if a diode burns out?

To make sure you're not over driving the diodes at 25W can you tell us what manufacturer makes your diodes and what item number it is. I personally don't want to buy a jammer if the diodes are overdriven for fear of burn out. Why did you decide to go with that diode manufacturer instead of going with the other? Are your diodes a higher quality then Anti-Laser Pro Parks's?

JTW

LOL no over driving with our technology at all,Good point you made because I forgot to mention this,If a diode goes down you can get the others to compensate with out over driving again a very very good reason for having a software upgradeable system.
    But anyway it would be a simple warranty swap if ever this happened.
    Did you see the high quality cable set we are shipping the Defender2 with?
    Makes detaching heads etc very easy.
    But anyway after 1 year of intensive testing we have never had any diodes die on us on any of our boards.
    If you have a single laser system lke AL if it goes down then you are totally screwed LOL.
    We also have an onboard temperature sensor as well and this can tell you if there is ever a problem etc.
    Cool hey?LOL
    Of course we will have a boot up sequence from cold to do a self test.

Banned

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't answer this question:

"To make sure you're not over driving the diodes at 25W can you tell us what manufacturer makes your diodes and what item number it is. I personally don't want to buy a jammer if the diodes are overdriven for fear of burn out. Why did you decide to go with that diode manufacturer instead of going with the other? Are your diodes a higher quality then Anti-Laser Pro Parks's?

JTW"

Lead Foot

Default Osram

Osram and they have been hammered to death on the protoytpe boards and not one failed over a very long period of time.
    Dev team knows the part number and they are busy right now.
    Over driving does not really come into it at all as they can be driven at all kinds of different wattages and its down to the power supply design(Not going to discuss anything publicly about this so don't ask)of your jammer and not the actual diodes you are using.
    So in my book testing something to death and then it still works well,Well thats the part to use if you want long term reliabilty.

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Osram

Quote Originally Posted by drive-smart
    Osram and they have been hammered to death on the protoytpe boards and not one failed over a very long period of time.
    Dev team knows the part number and they are busy right now.
    Over driving does not really come into it at all as they can be driven at all kinds of different wattages and its down to the power supply design(Not going to discuss anything publicly about this so don't ask)of your jammer and not the actual diodes you are using.
    So in my book testing something to death and then it still works well,Well thats the part to use if you want long term reliabilty.
    Sounds like a resonable explanation. Now is your team going to send us a unit to test for the shootout at the end of April?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Default Tests

Arranging it

Something on another note we are planning to make totally public to the forum over the next few months one of the Algorithms to jam one of the guns via a look up table
    This wil let people see what home brew system they can come up with and give people an insight into the actual type of coding etc.
    It will be released in ASM and C
    We will release only 1 so start a poll to see which one everyone would prefer to have released.

Professional

I really hope DS sends you a unit for the big April shootout.

In any case, I think Drive Smart's replies are straight up here... i think JTW would agree?

However, you can't expect them to reveal all their tricks, like how their underlying processing works... I assume they want to keep an edge over AL6.5 rather than revealing all!

If indeed their 4 diode system can tolerate 1 of the diodes burning out, that is excellent!!! Can you imagine that the single diode in AL6 or others burns out or has a problem... and you don't even know and THINK you are protected! At least this way, you have 4... something like a Boeing 747, it has 4 engines and can STILL fly (barely) with 1 engine... compared to a small single engine aircraft... once that 1 engine goes, say bye bye! Haha.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    I really hope DS sends you a unit for the big April shootout.

In any case, I think Drive Smart's replies are straight up here... i think JTW would agree?

However, you can't expect them to reveal all their tricks, like how their underlying processing works... I assume they want to keep an edge over AL6.5 rather than revealing all!

If indeed their 4 diode system can tolerate 1 of the diodes burning out, that is excellent!!! Can you imagine that the single diode in AL6 or others burns out or has a problem... and you don't even know and THINK you are protected! At least this way, you have 4... something like a Boeing 747, it has 4 engines and can STILL fly (barely) with 1 engine... compared to a small single engine aircraft... once that 1 engine goes, say bye bye! Haha.
    This is another reason why we have designed a system like this,It also means that no matter what laser gun ever gets released(And there are quite a few new ones including the UNIPAR SL700)You will never have to buy a new jammer.

Speed Demon

This is another reason why we have designed a system like this,It also means that no matter what laser gun ever gets released(And there are quite a few new ones including the UNIPAR SL700)You will never have to buy a new jammer.
    This is realy cool! Can't wait to see test results at the end of april!

Advanced Member

Default Re: Tests

Something on another note we are planning to make totally public to the forum over the next few months one of the Algorithms to jam one of the guns via a look up table
    This wil let people see what home brew system they can come up with and give people an insight into the actual type of coding etc.
    It will be released in ASM and C
    We will release only 1 so start a poll to see which one everyone would prefer to have released.
    No question: LTI Ultralyte, arguably the most common and widespread gun worldwide. As for the ASM: what processor/instruction set?