Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Pro Park - disabling 8 sec timer

Anyone with Laser Pro Park knows how to disable (or toggle) the 8 sec timer and allow permanent jam? I tried pressing and holding the mute button, switch on the unit, and count 21 blinks of the LED (gets me dizzy but I tried many times), but it doesn't beep or reboot.

Maybe rip-nip can tell me what I did wrong?

Lead Foot

Ya i dunno i tryed it then gave up .....i heard it was bad for the diode's if it jam's to long they burn out faster...so ill just leave it 8 sec is more then enough to slow down.

Banned

Well thats the story with Lidateks LE-10 they gave to GOL for testing, it could jam for a min, BUT dureing long periods of jams the power source was over driving the diode so it burnt out!!

What we really need to know is the Pro Park have a way for the Diode to not be over driven, but I would leave it alone till GOL test this!!

Jim can explain further why the diode was over driven on the LE 10 cause I dont know all of the details but there on the board somewhere!!

Banned

Yeah I agree that 8 sec is more than enough. I even think I can JTG with 8sec since police in Vancouver usually target vehicles at closer range.

Quote Originally Posted by EasY E
    Ya i dunno i tryed it then gave up .....i heard it was bad for the diode's if it jam's to long they burn out faster...so ill just leave it 8 sec is more then enough to slow down.

Power User

Immediatly after you turn on the AL, hold the mute button for 21 seconds(flashes) and then let go. It won't work if you are already holding the mute button before you turn it on or if you wait too long after turning it on. I didn't get it at first either, but it worked for me.

Banned

Thanks stealthJamal. I will try it today.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Immediatly after you turn on the AL, hold the mute button for 21 seconds(flashes) and then let go. It won't work if you are already holding the mute button before you turn it on or if you wait too long after turning it on. I didn't get it at first either, but it worked for me.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05
    Well thats the story with Lidateks LE-10 they gave to GOL for testing, it could jam for a min, BUT dureing long periods of jams the power source was over driving the diode so it burnt out!!

What we really need to know is the Pro Park have a way for the Diode to not be over driven, but I would leave it alone till GOL test this!!

Jim can explain further why the diode was over driven on the LE 10 cause I dont know all of the details but there on the board somewhere!!

In my opinion, there would really have to be an actual design flaw for a "burn out' to occur with any jammer. Not likely. I would ask the Pro Park people, if they say it's OK to turn the time limit off, then it's OK.

The LE-10 used a method of jamming that overdrives the laser diode beyond it's rated specs. It pulsed the laser diode at 2 MHz or greater, when the laser diode was only rated for up to 100 KHz. Lidatek found through experimentation that the diode could be driven at high frequency, but only for very short periods of time (5-10 sec), while maintaining reasonable laser diode life.

The high 2 MHz frequency ensures that at distances of 250 feet and above, a jamming pulse would always be received at the gun after the gun sent out it's own pulse, but before that pulse was reflected back: If the target vehicle is at 250 feet, it takes each pulse about 508ns to travel to the vehicle and reflect back to the gun. @ 2 MHz, a pulse is sent by the jammer every 500ns. Therefore, there is always at least one jamming pulse that falls into the 508ns "window" when the gun is expecting a pulse.

Jim

Banned

I successfully switched off the 8-sec timer. With permanent jam setting, the "double beep" goes off right after boot-up, as opposed to the 8-sec mode, you get the "double-beep" 30-40 sec later.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by go.mouse
    I successfully switched off the 8-sec timer. With permanent jam setting, the "double beep" goes off right after boot-up, as opposed to the 8-sec mode, you get the "double-beep" 30-40 sec later.
    Same as mine.

Experienced

what did pro park say about this?