Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default UK police LOVE the SL700 speed laser. Pro-Park doesn't jam?

Here is an article about the SL700 made by Unipar. The UK police departments are buying these up. Anti-Laser Pro-Park refuses to answer the forum if they can jam this gun. The gun is not listed on there site as a gun they can jam! :x

To read the article on the BBC go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...nt/4209066.stm
    Force snaps up smaller speed gun
    Kent Police are among 18 forces in the UK to take delivery of a new, handheld speed gun developed in Tunbridge Wells.
    The force has bought six of the speed guns, which are smaller and lighter than previous versions and can detect speeding cars up to half a mile away.

Unipar, at Rusthall, which made the SL700, is the only maker of laser speed guns in the UK. So far it has sold 87.

"Because it is smaller and lighter, you can do a speed check as a one-man operation," said Pc Peter Vaughan.

"Before we had this type of equipment you would have two or three officers doing a speed check."

The force said the speed gun, about the size of a small camcorder, was one of the most user-friendly it had ever tried.

"The object of the exercise is to produce something that is simple and doesn't require a great deal of concentration to use other than studying the traffic flows and aiming the instrument," said Walker Halkerston, of Unipar.
    Anti-Laser, tell your customers if they're safe against this gun. If they're not please let us know when an update is available.

JTW

Advanced Member

Chris you know Anti-Laser is not a forum company you talk to the guys at the AL group and they will conquer this lidar gun in question as well as the other you mentioned they just need to get their hands on these guns and they are done

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

in all fairness to both sides its good JTW challenges AL6 like he has done with drivesmart..........the same way i challenge the v1 in the v1 forums, at the end of the day its for the better as we all will benifit from the best performance possible from our units by letting the manufactures know of their products limitations and making the public aware of it so then can really address the issue rather than being busy racking up sales.

Professional

crazyvolvorob... where were you when JTW was bashing Drivesmart? Now that JTW is calling AL out, you immediately defend them? Why not defend drivesmart when it/they were being called out by JTW?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Chris you know Anti-Laser is not a forum company you talk to the guys at the AL group and they will conquer this lidar gun in question as well as the other you mentioned they just need to get their hands on these guns and they are done
    So you're telling me it doesn't concern you at all that Anti-laser is asked what guns they can jam and they refuse to answer this simple question?! Like I'm supposed to just treat anti-laser like royalty and not ask questions to anti-laser on the forum because "they're not a forum company." That is complete BS.

Consumers don't want to buy a jammer with incomplete jamming 'look up tables.' If I lived in the UK I would be f'ing pissed that I bought a pro-park and anti-laser didn't tell me they couldn't jam like 3 laser guns over there.

I've always praised anti-laser in teh past for being up front with us, but now I'm losing faith that this company tells us everything we need to know. I see anti-laser hiding on every question that could ruin their sales. I don't recommend drive-smart because they don't even have a jammer out yet, but at least neil will take a beating and answer the questions like a man. That's character. Running away from important questions to consumers is NOT.

JTW

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    So you're telling me it doesn't concern you at all that Anti-laser is asked what guns they can jam and they refuse to answer this simple question?!
    Has Anti-laser REFUSED to answer the question? They said "No, we will not answer that question.", or have they as of yet, not answered the question. I am not defending anti-laser but there isa difference. The later could be due to a simple oversight...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    crazyvolvorob... where were you when JTW was bashing Drivesmart? Now that JTW is calling AL out, you immediately defend them? Why not defend drivesmart when it/they were being called out by JTW?
    Drive-Smart was a forum company and I was taking part in the questioning still am. Drive-Smart had no problem answering the questions. Where as if you look at the history of Anti-Laser on the forum the reply rate is shooty

I am personally want questioning all jammers on the market against these guns

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage
    So you're telling me it doesn't concern you at all that Anti-laser is asked what guns they can jam and they refuse to answer this simple question?!
    Has Anti-laser REFUSED to answer the question? They said "No, we will not answer that question.", or have they as of yet, not answered the question. I am not defending anti-laser but there isa difference. The later could be due to a simple oversight...
    I agree, and thought that maybe they had not logged in and not seen the posts.

However, it has been revealed that anti-laser HAS logged on and HAS seen the questions and has specifically chosen NOT to answer them.

So it is not oversight anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage
    I agree, and thought that maybe they had not logged in and not seen the posts.

However, it has been revealed that anti-laser HAS logged on and HAS seen the questions and has specifically chosen NOT to answer them.

So it is not oversight anymore.
    All I saw was rip nip was logged in and when I clicked on the "who's online" button to see what catagory he was in he was in the laser jammer section. At the time he was logged in and in that catagory I had like 4 threads purely about the anti-laser not jamming those particular guns. An oversight on the top 4 threads is impossible. You would have to be blind.

JTW

Power User

Chris you know Anti-Laser is not a forum company
    You still using that line Rob :roll: They choose not to answer as it will effect their sales, Id say they will be hard pressed selling to the UK and Europe from now on to anyone that reads this forum!

Why didnt they just come out in the start and say what it jammed?? as if they wer not going to get found out!

Now with the new Laserstar jammer on the horizon, I doubt AL will sell many at all! What a shame, maybee a little honesty or perhaps being a FORUM company would have been the best option in the first place.

Bring on GOL hahaha anyone going to take a unipar??