Newcomer

Default What type of Laser gun was this?

Hi,

Being fairly new around here, I had purchased a dual Lidatek LE-30 a while back ago and it has worked flawlessly to date.

Yesterday I was zapped twice by the law enforcement and both times the LE-30 alerted me.

I had a good look but I don't know what type of gun it was. It was hand held, with a blue strip on the top (black model) with a kind of a viewfinder of a shotgun, and it looked like it had 3 interchangable lenses in the front (3 little round circles).

What model and type is this?

Banned

Default Re: What type of Laser gun was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_911
    Hi,

Being fairly new around here, I had purchased a dual Lidatek LE-30 a while back ago and it has worked flawlessly to date.

Yesterday I was zapped twice by the law enforcement and both times the LE-30 alerted me.

I had a good look but I don't know what type of gun it was. It was hand held, with a blue strip on the top (black model) with a kind of a viewfinder of a shotgun, and it looked like it had 3 interchangable lenses in the front (3 little round circles).

What model and type is this?

Ultralyte by LTI

Newcomer

Yes, thanks that was it!

So I guess I am safe with the LE-30 then? I dont get the GuysOfLidar test showing the Ultralyte by LTI and LE-30 test run of getting a reading at 1500 feet...huh??
    (August 2005 tests)

Banned

I think at GoL the LE-30 diode burnt out so basically no jamming.

Yes, thanks that was it!

So I guess I am safe with the LE-30 then? I dont get the GuysOfLidar test showing the Ultralyte by LTI and LE-30 test run of getting a reading at 1500 feet...huh??
    (August 2005 tests)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by go.mouse

Yes, thanks that was it!

(August 2005 tests)
    Nope! Not true. The Diode was rumored to burn-out in the July test on Happya$$ civic and possibly on outrun's blazer but really it was a software issue and the units were rush in the building process so they were not bench tested like all Lidateks that leave the factory....

In August the Lidatek Le30 was the only jammer that could jam the LTI ultralyte to the gun when handheld...very impressive on the worst case vehicle. When a laser gun is mounted on a tripod it's a totally different ball game 8)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

Ah, thanks. Must be the "rumor" i heard... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

Yes, thanks that was it!

(August 2005 tests)
    Nope! Not true. The Diode was rumored to burn-out in the July test on Happya$$ civic and possibly on outrun's blazer but really it was a software issue and the units were rush in the building process so they were not bench tested like all Lidateks that leave the factory....

In August the Lidatek Le30 was the only jammer that could jam the LTI ultralyte to the gun when handheld...very impressive on the worst case vehicle. When a laser gun is mounted on a tripod it's a totally different ball game 8)

Advanced Member

Ah, thanks. Must be the "rumor" i heard... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

Yes, thanks that was it!

(August 2005 tests)

the rumor came from Leon(Blinder Dude)

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

well Leon could have been right...my speculations is that THEY DID burn but Lidatek just said it was a software issue...

LIdateks are NOT designed to jam past 10 sec really since there diodes are being over driven...this is my speculation...I really believe that the reason they have a 5 sec time is because that keeps the diodes life longer since its being overdriven...

It is given that lidateks dont normally write programs to JTG BUT since I do writing and have done some little stuff...it seems VERY UNLIKELY with my experiences for something to work PERFECTLY then stop...I am sorry that does not sound like a software issue to me...thats a hardware issue

IMO and IN MO ONLY this is only speculation I believe the LE 30s are nothing more that LE10 on a more restictive timer....Happy who has a LE 10 has been lucky!! The LE10s are known to burn out...after about 30-40 hits with laser...now for someone personally no one will seen that much laser unless your outrun...but for testing purposes you get hit again again and again!
    The LE30s that Outrun had and jammed for a min quit working all of a sudden after about 35 hits!

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION!!! THAT I AM ENTITLED TO!!
    I CAN NOT BACK THIS UP WITH PROOF...ITS JUST MY OWN SPECULATION!!!

Advanced Member

Thank you for you opinion Ford but one thing you might want to include is the Le20s which burned out alot......

The Lidateks used by Happya$$ and outrun were rushed out of the lidatek factory and not bench tested like they do.

Happya$$ could be a software issue but Outruns could be a hardware issue as well as software cause it was built differently than the regular LE30s

There are some definite hardware differences between the LE10 and LE30 however it has been said by many that the LE20s and Le30s are no different except the Le30 was made to be more sensitive so not to require two heads to activate like the LE20

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

which really goes along with what I said!