Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Can jammers pick up laser scatter?

Went by a laser speed trap today (Stalker LZ1). I was the lead car, and my Pro Park went off at very close distance (~30m) for 3 seconds. After I passed him, the officer stepped out and pulled the car behind me over. So the question is, Did he shoot me, or only the car behind me? Or perhaps the Stalker gun was hand-held and he shot my car by accident?

Power User

Default Re: Can jammers pick up laser scatter?

Quote Originally Posted by go.mouse
    Went by a laser speed trap today (Stalker LZ1). I was the lead car, and my Pro Park went off at very close distance (~30m) for 3 seconds. After I passed him, the officer stepped out and pulled the car behind me over. So the question is, Did he shoot me, or only the car behind me? Or perhaps the Stalker gun was hand-held and he shot my car by accident?
    Bet the driver was pissed that he got a ticket and thinking why you did not.

Founder of Stealthvation

The Lidatek LE30 does this EXTREMELY well
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    The Lidatek LE30 does this EXTREMELY well
    Yeah the lidatek is almost better than v-1 at laser scatter. I have lots of videos where they would pick up scatter.

Professional

a jammer can also set off another jammer if the 1st is jamming. i asked this a while back...

not like it would ever happen, but its possible

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Bet the driver was pissed that he got a ticket and thinking why you did not.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Mackid343
    a jammer can also set off another jammer if the 1st is jamming. i asked this a while back...

not like it would ever happen, but its possible
    Oooooooo Jammer wars. This could be fun as a sport.

Advanced Member

I have both a Valentine one and dual LE30. The V1 definately picks up laser when the car is not the target (cars in front targeted). I don't know if you'd call the signal that it picks up as "scatter", but it definately gives me advanced warning. The LE30 only goes off when I'm the target.

I believe the reason it works this way is that the LE30s are located down below the bumper and the V1 is mounted up high on the windshield. (This is the way to go to defeat lidar folks. And don't forget the VEIL.) So, I don't really know for sure that the LE30 is sensitive to scatter. Every single time I've seen the LEO point his gun at me (which means I'm close enough and sure that I'm the target and there is no scatter) the LE30 has worked.

V1 1.7 v2.909 w/CD and remote audio
    LE-30 RIP
    BCT-7

Banned

Well You cant really compare the V1 to the LE30...I mean the LE30 is out side the car and the V1 is inside the car...makes a BIG difference!!

Plus the LE30 doesnt have a Filter like the Blinder... just a thought...dont know how their filter works if it is just strict writing code writing or what but that may have something has to do with it...I honestly dont know for sure!