Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ZR3 Owner

Good Citizen

Default New ZR3 Owner

As some of you may know, I have a ZR3 installed on my Audi TT. When installed the shop used 3M double sited tape to mount it. I have two questions concering this. One, I have yet to test these jammers out in real world laser situations. How does the forum recommend I test these things to make sure that the mounting is correct. Do I need to concern about the 3M tape wearing out through its life? For example, does heavy rain/other materials of the road weaken the tape and jammer life span? Finally, when washing the car any tips on how I should keep those jammers clean?

Thanks for any help.

Lead Foot

Default Re: New ZR3 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by K03
    As some of you may know, I have a ZR3 installed on my Audi TT. When installed the shop used 3M double sited tape to mount it. I have two questions concering this. One, I have yet to test these jammers out in real world laser situations. How does the forum recommend I test these things to make sure that the mounting is correct. Do I need to concern about the 3M tape wearing out through its life? For example, does heavy rain/other materials of the road weaken the tape and jammer life span? Finally, when washing the car any tips on how I should keep those jammers clean?

Thanks for any help.
    The shop should have given you a warranty on the install so if it goes bad they should fix it. A good shop that wants repeat customers would do minor repairs for free anyway. The tape is pretty cheap and readily available.

The best way to test the units is with an actual lidar gun. This is not very feasible so there are cheaper substitutes. There are testers available as well as consumer grade laser guns like the Osprey unit.

The lifespan of the jammers will be variable. The units may leak water and are expensive to replace. This has happened to some people before. The unit also does not have replaceable lenses so if they really get scuffed up or broken you will have to buy new sensors and eat another installation fee. You can just wipe the units clean with a cloth so they are free of obstruction. I would also take care not to directly blast or heavily soak the units under pressure while washing the car.

Also I would highly advise that you go ahead and get Veil and the Laser Shield as they will make the jammers more effective and are a good backup should the jammers fail completely.

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ser-Shield.asp

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: New ZR3 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by K03

Thanks for any help.
    I hate to tell you this buddy but the ZR3 jammer is crap against the 3rd generation LIDAR guns. Sethy was at SML and the ZR3 jammer did terrible.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Happya$$,

Thanks for the reply. Two questions. is it possible to offer more detail on the ZR3 being crap? And can you offer any advice on my orginal post?

Jbird, thank you for your reply aswell.

Founder of Stealthvation

The 3M tape (Super Acrylic) does awesome. In fact Lidatek supplies you with some to mount their product. Sethy can offer you more insight on ZR3 doind crappy
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

What are the main differences in third gen LIDAR guns and the ones before it? And why would the ZR3 be almost useless againest them?

Old Timer

3rd generation guns can be used behind glass, and i believe they get quicker readings

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    3rd generation guns can be used behind glass, and i believe they get quicker readings
    Which guns have 3rd generation technology; 8)

Power User

a bushnel laser yardage pro rangefinder can shoot thru glass and it gets a reading within 1 sec or less, so id say same for Lidar

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    a bushnel laser yardage pro rangefinder can shoot thru glass and it gets a reading within 1 sec or less, so id say same for Lidar
    So, could a laser jammer be placed behind my rear window for jamming in the rear?