Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new toy

Power User

Default my new toy

the toy

original mounting point idea, it wouldve worked prefectly, the gril supported it, but the bumper attachment bracket didnt

final mounting point

internal display module, until I can wire it to my 9500i

havent installed the rear head, and wont until I figure out how to run it inside from the trunk

Newcomer

Nice install.

Power User

Was it hard to get the grill off?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    Was it hard to get the grill off?

well not really, I had to take off the air diverter plate (plastic piece on top and around the latch). . . that was 4 clips, easy, then 2 hex screws conecting the top of the bumper and the grill mounting bracket to the car, then it was a matter of peeling up the grill and undoung the screws holding the grill on from the back, I believe there were 7 back there, pop off 2 tabs locking it in with a flat head and off it went

so no real difficult thing, but if you dont know what youre doing you could break something, I almost overlooked the clips and may have broken them clean off had I not realized to pop um out with the screwdriver

Old Timer

clean install

Old Timer

Looks great!

Lead Foot

Awesome install. I will probably do the exact same install on my Si.

Is your 9500i hardwired? Using the smart cord and the left-side power port on the 9500i makes the coiled wire always touching or almost touching if your hand is on the wheel. Fortunately, my right hand is almost always on the shifter, so I don't have to worry about it as much, but it is annoying and an eye-sore at the very least.

The main reason I ask is because I am not sure where to put the direct wire mute button myself. I was thinking in the little compartment to the right of the lighter socket, sticking it to the top part so its almost in line with the lighter port but we'll see how wiring goes. I want it to be as sleek and unnoticeable as it can possibly be. If you have pics of that as well, I'd love to see 'em.

I really like your ZR4 spot. The little compartment I previously mentioned, was it able to fit in there? Just curious. That's where I was thinking to mount it.

I love seeing people doing awesome jobs in the same car as me!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by RanEnRui View Post
    Awesome install. I will probably do the exact same install on my Si.

Is your 9500i hardwired? Using the smart cord and the left-side power port on the 9500i makes the coiled wire always touching or almost touching if your hand is on the wheel. Fortunately, my right hand is almost always on the shifter, so I don't have to worry about it as much, but it is annoying and an eye-sore at the very least.

The main reason I ask is because I am not sure where to put the direct wire mute button myself. I was thinking in the little compartment to the right of the lighter socket, sticking it to the top part so its almost in line with the lighter port but we'll see how wiring goes. I want it to be as sleek and unnoticeable as it can possibly be. If you have pics of that as well, I'd love to see 'em.

I really like your ZR4 spot. The little compartment I previously mentioned, was it able to fit in there? Just curious. That's where I was thinking to mount it.

I love seeing people doing awesome jobs in the same car as me!

yes it is hardwired, the way I got around the whole wire in my face deal is by first wrapping the wire on the RVM before going to the RD< that put the cord at about the factory stereo volume knob

ill post a shot of it for ya later

and as for the ZR4 display box, I didnt bother routing it there because the remote mute for the RD is already there, and I intended to interface to the 9500 anyways, so why waste effort now
    Last edited by Arashi666; 07-30-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Yoda of Radar

Very nice install! That should be brilliant when interfaced with the 9500i.

Did you just mount the ZR4 module with Double sided mounting tape (3M) or otherwise?

Radar Fanatic

Very nice install,,, damn I want one too.