Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    84

    Default Escort X50 ZR3 Shift+Link Question

    Does the Escort ZR3 linked with X50 initiate "Shifting" if the X50 Detects Lidar before the ZR3 Tranceivers do? I dont think it does I know it is unlikely the X50 will detect the lidar first but I thought this would be one of the main reasons for linking the two devices. Can any body prove me wrong? I hope so

  2. #2
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ft Worth Texas
    Posts
    760

    Default

    OK, X50 on your windsheild....ZR3 in your grille...you tell me what detects it 1st?

    The link up from the ZR3 to the X50 is just a good selling point. Your X50 will visualy and audibly alert you to a laser hit that your ZR3 gets. Your X50 will be the last to alert you if the heads are in the grille since LEO's are targeting your grille or headlights.

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    The X50 does act as another laser reciever when plugged into the Zr3

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  4. #4
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I know the X-50 still detects laser when linked to ZR-3. My question is, does the ZR-3 start Jamming if X-50 detects laser?


    .

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicGhost
    I know the X-50 still detects laser when linked to ZR-3. My question is, does the ZR-3 start Jamming if X-50 detects laser?


    .
    Yes. The X50 acts as a third receiver. Which is useless because if you are hit with laser, the jammer heads are going to pick it up first. I run my ZR3 stand alone and I have laser turned off on my 8500. The benefit of linking them is having the same display for both and thats about it.

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicGhost
    I know the X-50 still detects laser when linked to ZR-3. My question is, does the ZR-3 start Jamming if X-50 detects laser?


    .
    Yes. The X50 acts as a third receiver. Which is useless because if you are hit with laser, the jammer heads are going to pick it up first. I run my ZR3 stand alone and I have laser turned off on my 8500. The benefit of linking them is having the same display for both and thats about it.
    So if there linked will it show your getting hit by radar on the Zr3?

  7. #7
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    If they are linked, all alerts will be on the detector as long as the detector is not in dark mode. When the detector is in dark mode, the audio alerts come from the detector and then the warning flashing light will be on the ZR3 display kind of like the flashing light on the smart cord.

  8. #8
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    If they are linked, all alerts will be on the detector as long as the detector is not in dark mode. When the detector is in dark mode, the audio alerts come from the detector and then the warning flashing light will be on the ZR3 display kind of like the flashing light on the smart cord.
    The reason i ask is because i wanted a remote display so i could have it were my speed domineer is

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    84

    Default SHIFT LINK ZR3

    Bearcat, to answer your question re ZR3 module Diplaying Radar warning. Yes the ZR3 will flash front and rear LED's alternatively to alert you of Radar if your 8500 is in Dark mode. Note-Audio alert will come from 8500 not the ZR3.

  10. #10
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: SHIFT LINK ZR3

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicGhost
    Bearcat, to answer your question re ZR3 module Diplaying Radar warning. Yes the ZR3 will flash front and rear LED's alternatively to alert you of Radar if your 8500 is in Dark mode. Note-Audio alert will come from 8500 not the ZR3.
    Is there anyway that you can program your x50 to be louder ? when i had my radio cranked up it was hard to here the x50 compared to other radar detectors I used.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. 9500i shift link question
    By Arashi666 in forum Laser ShifterPro, ZR4, ZR3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:18 AM
  4. Interesting observation with shift link X-50 ZR-3
    By SonicGhost in forum Laser Jammers - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 12:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •