Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: LSP help Thread

  1. #21
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,272

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oddpedestrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Guys, we all know CJ isn't the best speller. OK. But he was making a valid point and I don't appreciate the personal commentary about his character.

    Please look at the rules and guidelines here (which are being updated shortly) and follow them. The mission of RD.net is to encourage new participation from Roy's engagement (with our help, I hope) of outreach to new potential members of our community who DON'T have any history (of baggage) and will not want to participate in a forum replete with continued drama. That's the interaction of the past and will stay that way. We can't do it alone, we all must support each other especially when we passionately disagree. This approach will be good for the vendors who contribute resources to the community, the new consumer, our extended community, and the industry in general. Please respect that, support that, it's in the long-term interests of everyone connected to our industry.

    You guys were in the wrong and CJ was on the receiving end and that's not right. I certainly don't want the "baggage" of history on other communities past or present to continue here and if we all step back a bit, I suspect we will all agree about that principle and it should be without exception, especially with long-standing members of this community.

    CJ has made many valuable contributions to our community and I trust will continue to do so.

    So I am "rebuking" (some) of this exchange and want to (let this) serve as an example of what we all really don't want to start again here.

    It's a new day gentlemen. Let's work towards unifying our community (and not continuing to work to undermine it) please.

    Since I will be traveling, please the few mods/admins here MODERATE.

    Sorry CJ for this. As long as you or others come here to participate in the spirit of helping to grow the knowledge of others, you will be welcomed here.

    VG
    Hold up stop the clock

    1 love Veil guy
    2 where is Roy in all of this, if there is a big change coming it needs to come straight from the horses mouth, no more surrogates.
    3 Roy definitely has to set the new tone of the forum, no exceptions!
    4. CJR cannot live two lives, pick one.
    Luv u guys too!
    Roy is focused on marketing and outreach
    He has. And fully supports the vision and won't be involved in day-to-day activities. He's trusting in our collective efforts.
    Thats a question for CJ

    I am going offline for a while. Please keep the wheels on the wagon!

    bob
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 11-06-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  2. #22

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oddpedestrian View Post
    Hold up stop the clock

    1 love Veil guy
    2 where is Roy in all of this, if there is a big change coming it needs to come straight from the horses mouth, no more surrogates.
    3 Roy definitely has to set the new tone of the forum, no exceptions!
    4. CJR cannot live two lives, pick one.
    1). Yay we can all agree on something! Go Veil Guy!
    2). Roy just got his business back. Businesses don't just become perfect for the buyer over night. So he is working 12+ hour days to get it back to the way he wants it.
    3a). We can have Roy lay down the law but in the end it is going to be the Admins and the Mods that delegate what he wants done. I personally work for Roy and he gave me this daunting task of bringing back these forums. We do have a pack of rules written up by a member of the forums being read by Roy and getting approved here shortly. Would this constitute Roy setting the new tone?
    4). I am new to this site, yes. That can be bad, that can be good. Fresh pair of eyes when situations like this arise can be good because I have no previous history and can stay level headed on a matter. I see it as this: this is a new forum. He has a chance to start as a new contributing member to this community through my eyes. If he squanders that privilege, Then I can at least say we gave him a chance. From what VG told me and what is written down below, he was a target of some criticism, I see that. He even might be a person who threw some criticism around. But through my eyes and through the new forum's eyes, he is a contributing member of these forums and welcome to stay until he breaks that model.

    Like VG said: "It's a new day gentlemen." I am the fresh slate some of you guys are looking for! We can capitalize on this and get this site to a better glory then the previous glory this site was known for.

    I have kept my word so far to make this a better forum then what it was. It does not happen over night and it can't be done alone. So I ask you guys, please help us in creating a positive and constructive community! Because I sure won't stand for a personal attack on someone's character on here. Just like you wouldn't stand for it in real life.

    Please feel free to contact me on this matter if you have more to say.

    -Blake
    Last edited by RadarNut; 11-06-2014 at 09:07 PM.

  3. #23
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,272

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Howdy from Angels 27!

    Could not stay off the grid. First timer using wifi in the air. The Citation X has it. Nice. Hauling the mail. Will be wheels down in Vegas inside of 5! Simply incredible. Haha.

    Really looking forward to meeting you Blake finally. Have some cold ones ready.

    We're probably going to touch down PHX. Roy's strip is too short to take this bad boy.

    VG

    out
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 11-06-2014 at 11:21 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,497

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oddpedestrian View Post

    1 love Veil guy
    2 where is Roy in all of this, if there is a big change coming it needs to come straight from the horses mouth, no more surrogates.
    3 Roy definitely has to set the new tone of the forum, no exceptions!
    4. CJR cannot live two lives, pick one.
    Sorry, i was going to stay off for a few days out of respect for my infraction YC gave me but this is too important not to ignore.

    1. I respect VG, love is a bit too strong for me.
    2. Roy is the marketing machine, he knows how to sell and do his business. Let the Forum professionals and team chosen run the show, its best for the entire community.
    3. Roy has clearly made an effort here by who hes chosen to run RD.net, the tone has been fairly clear from VG. I just hope it stays on target with out too many distractions.
    4. I live several lives, and one of them is here with my well over 9k posts helping new people like your self. You are more than welcome to go through my 30k post on all the forums then make a judgement call (or just the 9k here), but ultimately its what i do here that counts for how i should be treated. And though my participation has been light for a few years here i have been more active here than most that have just recently come back for whatever reason they have.

    There is a very unique opportunity here, and though it may be tough due to some of the passed mistakes with the new vision VG outlined there is a good chance passed mistakes have been learned and there could be a new beginning like what Radarnut said.

    O, and Odd, you might want to think about judging people on the individual merits rather than others opinions or ones spelling.

    Best of luck RD.net!
    Last edited by CJR238; 11-07-2014 at 05:49 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the back of Your Mind
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AL Priority USA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    I have been sitting on an LSPro now for a couple of months and am intending on replacing my old ZR4s that mate to the 9500ci.

    Actually I was thinking of mating the new system to the Bel STi-R Plus unit.

    May I ask, is this a fairly easy thing to do? Is it plug 'n play or is there some special things that I must do to make it work?

    Thanks in advance.

    VG
    Actually you should not be thinking but rather selling that LSP,VG.Some of the States near you have both versions of the newer Dragon Lidars. Your "defense in depth" in out-the-window w/ that set-up & leaving you "disarmed-in-depth" instead !!!

    The smart play would be to marry an AL-P & Blue Tooth to the remote receiver of your STi-R+.
    Ouch! No jacking the thread, now. We'll get an ALP section here...

    The ball is in Tom's court. Anticipating a four head system.

    But as a tester/reviewer I drive with more than one system.

    So I expect to have on the test mule the following actives: LSPro, ALP, 905 (plus Veil). I call that DiD on steroids!

    VG
    Having multiple system running at the same time for Laser will not give you better protection it will have the complete opposite effect with the systems interfering with each other and will work to the LEO's advantage.

    Knowing VG and I do, he could install all 3 on the Dinan, just NOT run them at the same time like he does the RDs. This way he could still,test without worry of cross talk or interference.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the back of Your Mind
    Posts
    335

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Howdy from Angels 27!

    Could not stay off the grid. First timer using wifi in the air. The Citation X has it. Nice. Hauling the mail. Will be wheels down in Vegas inside of 5! Simply incredible. Haha.

    Really looking forward to meeting you Blake finally. Have some cold ones ready.

    We're probably going to touch down PHX. Roy's strip is too short to take this bad boy.

    VG

    out

    Photos of a Citation X or didn't happen

  7. #27
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,272

    Default Re: LSP help Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AL Priority USA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    I have been sitting on an LSPro now for a couple of months and am intending on replacing my old ZR4s that mate to the 9500ci.

    Actually I was thinking of mating the new system to the Bel STi-R Plus unit.

    May I ask, is this a fairly easy thing to do? Is it plug 'n play or is there some special things that I must do to make it work?

    Thanks in advance.

    VG
    Actually you should not be thinking but rather selling that LSP,VG.Some of the States near you have both versions of the newer Dragon Lidars. Your "defense in depth" in out-the-window w/ that set-up & leaving you "disarmed-in-depth" instead !!!

    The smart play would be to marry an AL-P & Blue Tooth to the remote receiver of your STi-R+.
    Ouch! No jacking the thread, now. We'll get an ALP section here...

    The ball is in Tom's court. Anticipating a four head system.

    But as a tester/reviewer I drive with more than one system.

    So I expect to have on the test mule the following actives: LSPro, ALP, 905 (plus Veil). I call that DiD on steroids!

    VG
    Having multiple system running at the same time for Laser will not give you better protection it will have the complete opposite effect with the systems interfering with each other and will work to the LEO's advantage.

    Knowing VG and I do, he could install all 3 on the Dinan, just NOT run them at the same time like he does the RDs. This way he could still,test without worry of cross talk or interference.
    Precisely. My current config has several actives. Point not to run them concurrently but individually on the same vehicle.

    VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Yup, another what to get thread...
    By GŁero in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
  2. Car speed safety thread (split from other thread)
    By thestampcollector in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 05:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •