Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered my VEIL

Speed Demon

Default Ordered my VEIL

Ordered my VEIL from Roy, should be here early next week. Going to apply it to my Subaru Outback:

Should I go all the way across the back since that part is likely "reflective" or just do the lights and plate?

Being in Maryland, looks like I'm going to apply it directly to the plate since the law seems fuzzy regarding plate covers.

Also, I have one of those acrylic/plastic deflectors on the front of the hood, should that be coated as well? It's not that large....

Thanks

Manufacturer

robert,

thanks for your confidence in our company's product line.

your question about whether or not to treat the rear would depend on whether or not md. troopers target from the rear.

if they do, then yes, i would think that you would want to treat at least the rear lights and plate in some way.

about the reflective section of the rear - try this. point a flashlight (aka torch) at the rear from about 50 paces one evening. try to encompass the entire rear of your vehicle with its light.

if you can easily see that section of the vehicle (relative to the painted surfaces, say) then my vote would be to treat that area, as well.

on second thought, even if you don't you may still want to, as that will result in even more of the lidar beam being eliminated from your rear visual laser cross section.

another gentleman, sometime back, had some compatibility problems with a very old/worn md license plate when applying veil directly to it. we generally recommend a clear/colourless plate cover treated with veil on two sides to start with. if your plate is not weather-beaten, then it may be just fine.

good luck with it and keep me posted on your progress.

ps: after shaking the container, let the material to stand for about five minutes before applying to such a large area. also, now that the weather is getting much warmer, we recommend that you apply veil in the early morning and evening (when its cooler) for best results. try one section at time until you get the hang of it. of course, having the area thoroughly cleaned before application is suggested.

regards,

the veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Speed Demon

Thanks for the info. The plates on this car are a year old, on my wife's they're 3 years old. Should be fine on both--both sets are in good condition.

As for applying it, I'll use your advice and report back.

Speed Demon

OH one other thing. I have a black (smoke) plastic hood guard on the front, should that have VEIL on it too? I don't think so but figured I'd ask.

Manufacturer

can you shoot me a pic of the front?

the veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Speed Demon

'02 White Honda CRV

'00 light green Subaru Outback

Manufacturer

thanks robert,

based upon what i see my answer would be negative, not to apply veil to those areas as I believe they are dark enough. particularly, your crv.

the veil guy 8)

Speed Demon

okay, will do. the dark smoke color (real dark brown, almost black, but transluscent) plus the degree of angle on the hood guard itself probably make sense not to coat it.

Manufacturer

precisely. :wink:

the veil guy 8)

Newcomer

hey guys, im newbie in this buisness, but im willing to learn, like I did a year ago when had no idea about caraudio whats so ever, now I got some desent sound ...but anyways, I just got my V1 version 1.7 with concealed display off eBay, my car is black, i got them black license plate covers, and I am soon getting black headlight covers...With all that said and done, I still wanna get VEIL, even though I came across it yesterday, but by now i've read a lot of good things about it...My question about it was if its clear stuff, and how long it lasts? another thing is, from what I read, VEIL GUY said that it needs to be applied to the BOTH sides of license plate, is it true with the headlight covers too?? anyways thats it 4 now, will be waiting 4 answers...thanks in advance 8)

http://www.autotuning.ws/forum/index...e=post&id=1546