Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default Veil and Headlights Question

Bob,

Is Laser Veil more effective when ones headlights are on or off? Does it make a difference? Does the headlights being on take away from Veil's effectiveness? Maybe you can run some tests next time on this to see what happens.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

I'm thinkig that the headlights turned on would be a good thing. They can't "blind" a laser gun but I think there's a good chance they would take themselves out of the picture as a reflector. That is to say that the return signal from the active headlamp would be lost in the noise, leaving the gun to rely on the return from inactive headlights/the license plate.

Manufacturer

I don't think it makes a difference either way with Gen III technology - the latest shipping guns.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

Bob,

YOu BY FAR are the most efficient at answering questions. It is like having live help for free. 24 hour live technical support you cant beat that. I am sure that you do not include that in the MSRP price
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Manufacturer

Thanks Steve.

Nah. I am having as much fun as you guys are!

Speaking with Leon today (from Blinder) and he called me as we was going through a laser speedtrap in southern florida, three times. You might as well have some fun going through life.

As this forum grows, its probably going to get a lot harder to respond to everything going on here. But that's in the future...

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Newcomer

what about the black headlight covers, do they need to be treated by VEIL, or no? (since they are way darker that the plate covers)

Manufacturer

I am not sure.

If they attenuate in the NIR, then I would say perhaps not. VEIL would still reduce surface glare which would help, but if the headlight covers actually reduce NIR then the improvement may only be incremental.

Its possible that dark covers [in the visible] do nothing in the NIR regions...

The Veil Guy 8)

Good Citizen

What happens to Veil on cars with headlights that have wipers? Do the wipers quickly rub/scrape the stuff off?

Thanks,
    Rick

Administrator

Default Veil Story

Here is an funny VEIL story that happened to me last week

I had put Veil on my Harley Ultra's headlamp and running lights a few months ago.

Last week I took the bike in for service. As part of the service, the Harley dealer washes the bike when they are done.

Went down to pick up my bike and the "wash boy" came to me all proud of his latest acomplishment saying "damn, I don't know what the heck you had on your headlamps, it took me two hours to finally wash it all off"

I chuckled and told him that it was VEIL and that it cost almost $90.00 a pint.

Moral of the story. If you take your car/bike in for service and they also offer you a free wash, tell them to keep the VEIL on
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Advanced Member

You got to love the "Wash Boy's" vigilance.........
    did you tip him Roy..... :wink: