Good Citizen

Default Stongard protection and lasers?

(Sorry to double post. I accidently put this in the wrong forum the first time....) I'm thinking of putting the 3M protective Stongard film on the front of my new car. I am wondering what effect Stongard has on laser and radar detection? Does it reflect more or less? Can you use Veil on top of Stongard?

Thanks,
    Rick

Manufacturer

We explored this sort of material as application method, but ultimately decided against for reasons I can't go into here.

If you are talking about material that goes on the actual vehicle itself, we think it is somewhat unnecessary as the areas such as the lights and plate are far more a contributing factor to your overall vehicle's signature.

That being said, you could attempt to apply some VEIL on a small portion of the material to see if they are compatible.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member

Did you ever look into making a VEIL car wax? Maybe for white or silver vehicles?

I remember that a while back there was a "Stealth Guard Car Wax" that supposably reduced the range RADAR could clock you by 10-15% or something like that (I thought SML tested it once or something???) But I think it flopped...

Jim

Good Citizen

Default Stongard

Stongard is a clear bra (protective plastic film) you have installed on the front of your car and lights to provent sand/rock damage to the paint and lenses. I don't know if anyone has ever tested how reflective it is to laser light. Can you use a laser pointer to test how much something would absorb a police laser detector?
    www.stongard.com

Thanks,
    Rick

Manufacturer

our company has been working on some additional VEIL products for quite some time now, but I am afraid, I can't go into it here, at this time.

i'll keep y'all posted when the time is right...

the veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Not sure if this helps any but I currently have the 3M clear bra product on the entire front of my car including headlights and fog lights (not over license plate) and I've been tagged by Lidar 3 times since it's been on. The first resulted in a ticket causing my purchase of my Blinder M20 Extreme 8) . 2nd and 3rd direct hit yeilded no road tax.

In otherwords, the 3M clear bra didn't seem to hinder the first experience and I can only assume the Blinder took care of the last two. Rest assured all three experiences were "tax" worthy.

Side note: 1st Lidar tag lasted about 3 seconds according to the V1 only. After Blinder install, next two tags lasted about 4 - 5s with a slight pause, then another tag of equal time. Interesting. 8) Both of these times the Blinder and V1 alerted Lidar.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Just Right
    Side note: 1st Lidar tag lasted about 3 seconds according to the V1 only. After Blinder install, next two tags lasted about 4 - 5s with a slight pause, then another tag of equal time. Interesting. 8) Both of these times the Blinder and V1 alerted Lidar.

that's awesome, just right!