Radar Fanatic

Default Vail On My VolksWagon

I am getting ready to purchase Vail and would like some ideas on application of the product. My Voltswagon has small strips of Chrome on the front and was wondering how bad this would reflect Laser back to the Laser Gun thanks.

Newcomer

from what i understand and i could be wrong but the chrome will reflect back, buti think you can treat the chrome with the veil just fine... maybe someon with a little more experience with VEIL could confirm what i say or maybe something else to help ya out.

Good Citizen

I have the same VW emblem on my Jetta. You can also go to Sherwin Williams and ask them to make you an aerosol can of paint to make it the same colour as the rest of your car. They will be able to color match the paint. It looks sleek and reduces the laser reflection.

Scratonicity Groupie

Fortuantly I don't think the chrome should raise much concern as long as you are going to use a Blinder or a Diode based jammer with VEIL.

On my roommates Audi S4 which is nothing but chrome on the front we tried several different things to see if it made any difference. We tried putting a black t-shirt over the chrome grill, we tried tucking the side view mirrors in, at the end of the day once we put VEIL on the headlights the punch throughs really went down.

If you wanted to paint the chrome the same color as your car that's up to you, however I'd never go that far.

I would say pick up a can of VEIL, grab a Blinder M-20 and your set What state do you live in? Do some research if the LEO's use Pro Laser III in your area then you are really good to go.

Manufacturer

I wouldn't worry too much about your chrome as its not too much and it is reflecting upward.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton

I would say pick up a can of VEIL, grab a Blinder M-20 and your set What state do you live in? Do some research if the LEO's use Pro Laser III in your area then you are really good to go.
    Yes I agree, painting the car is out of the question but I do thank you for the suggestings. Well, infact the only laser we have here in NC is the Pro Laser III so getting a blinder and some veil will more than likely solve the Chrome problem. Do you think I would need a Blinder 20 or 40. It's a small car but it does have a lot of chrome.

Newcomer

Hey Orbital,

I live in Charlotte, NC also. I didn't/don't have as much concern for laser as you do/did.

Read this thread about what some of the other members here think about laser in NC: http://www.radardetector.net/first-V1-13067t.php

Have you encountered laser before here in NC? I just got my V1, but with my old detector, i never encountered laser. I don't have any laser countermeasures on my car yet.

Thanks,

Yes I agree, painting the car is out of the question but I do thank you for the suggestings. Well, infact the only laser we have here in NC is the Pro Laser III so getting a blinder and some veil will more than likely solve the Chrome problem. Do you think I would need a Blinder 20 or 40. It's a small car but it does have a lot of chrome.
    M40 definitely, for close up shots a must.

Radar Fanatic

Would it be smart to apply Veil to the inside of my headlight units. They have a plastic cover that I can pop off and apply to the inside. Will the veil melt under the light heat? Thanks