Advanced Member

Default Motorcycle headlights

Bob,

I've been toying with the idea of using protector covers over my FJR headlights. The reflectors on this bike are supposed to be state of the art which no doubt contributed to a Lidar ticket I got last year.

With the protectors I could apply Veil both sides like you recommend for plate covers.

Heres a photo of a 2005 bike however mine is a lighter silver blue cover.

What do you think?

http://www.pbase.com/honda/image/35831604

Advanced Member

here is one test of the effectiveness, but these results should not be always expected
    Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Here's a sneak preview of how VEIL performed against the mighty Laser Atlanta in Stealth Mode. Most radar detectors/laser jammers will not detect [or jam] the stealth gun - which is pretty scary! With VEIL, though, its an entirely different story!

Unedited/Raw Veil Sneak Preview

We won't even attempt to suggest that one should expect this outcome in every laser encounter either with a car or a motorbike. Far from it, but nonetheless, it makes for an interesting conversation starter! :wink:

The Veil Guy 8)

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Manufacturer

Thanks crazyVOLVOrob...

spankyaf,

Basically VEIL reduces 99%+ of all laser reflectivity. You could get away with on good/smooth coating on each of the lights and reflectors and indicators without noticeably diminishing light output or changing the appearance of your motorbike.

IMHO, two coats are only required for large light coloured retro-reflective plates that essentially magnify the reflective energy about upto 900 times or three magnitudes or order.

This phenomenon doesn't happen with headlights and the like so one good coat will essentially eliminate the laser reflection from treated sources which will conform precisely to the shapes and topography of whatever VEIL coats.

If you want to use housing covers, on treatment on the outer-side should be more than adequate and two, a likely waste of the product.

If and when you get there, PM me some PICs and perhaps I will incorporate them into our site, if that's ok with you.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook