Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Wow that stuff is dark ;-)

Applied my VEIL to the lights without issue, and didn't have a plate cover so started to apply it there. Applied directly to the plate (white MD plate) that stuff is pretty dark. Wiped it off before it has a chance to dry, guess I need to get a plate cover. :wink: Local auto parts place doesn't carry them so will have to look around or order one. FWIW, I used the brush.

Radar Fanatic

I had the same trouble finding one and ended up getting one off the net. It's pretty dark since it's covered on both sides. I'm thinking of getting one of those laser shields from Roy and putting a single coat on instead. (Maybe even on the back since it won't erode that way?) I haven't been hassled by law enforcement yet, though. Half of the people around here drive without their front plate, anyway.

Founder of Stealthvation

The laser shield is your best bet.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Does the laser shield make your plate appear fuzzy, or is it about as clear as a regular cover?

Scratonicity Groupie

becareful with plate covers in MD around the whitemarsh area cops are AHOLES!!!!

Founder of Stealthvation

The Laser Shield is pretty clear. You can hardly tell that one is on so you should be pretty safe
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Does the laser shield make your plate appear fuzzy, or is it about as clear as a regular cover?
    i just have the laser shield on my car and to be honest it sort of does make the plate a little fuzzy buts it's hardly noticed the main thing that i notice is that the plate isn't as reflectives as it is without it but that is expected....I will have pictures posted soon of my VEIL application so the difference will be able to be seen...including one show the difference in headlights with VEIL with out VEIL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robert would your plate look something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinspike
    So...here's how my plate looks during the day

and here's how it would look in a night picture lit with flash (or any picture where the real lighting is the flash, to similate this I just used a fast shutter speed and a small aperature, giving the natural light very little time to expose).

Richard

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

...nice veil job

Manufacturer

robert,

Yeah, in the case of pure white background plates, VEIL is going to be more noticeable than on other coloured plates. A cover may be in order here.

I have post these before, but it may be worth lookin at again:

untreated - VEIL coating removed

treated w/ one good coating

The plate on the left is an older NJ plate that is not retroreflective in nature. The plate on the right is a newer Jersey plate that is retroflective and may lend itself to one additional thin additional coating to completely quench out the effect of the retro-reflective material.

Please don't mind the dirt on the car; just went through a snow storm.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

Thats exactly how my Maryland plate looked a few minutes ago till i took it off. Applied my Veil yesterday after 90% of the container spilled after I opened it :cry: I only had enough to coat the headlights and the plate. The headlights dont look very bad but the plate was just nasty and I had a devil of a time getting it off, windex did the trick but took me like an hour to get it all off! Im very pissed about spilling all my Veil though

-L33T_Hacksta