Experienced

Default Odyssey chrome grill - To Veil or not to Veil

Hey Guys,

I'm prepping the family mini van (thankfully not my DD) for a couple road trips this summer. I've got Veil and an LS coming and will be covering the wrap around lights/turn signals. I'm also considering Veiling the chrome grill and Honda emblem, but would prefer not to if it doesn't provide much benefit. What's the current thinking on this.

Here's a shot of van similar to ours. We have a smaller deflector and our color is dark green as apposed to the silver in the pic. What do you guys think?

Experienced

I'll add a little more detail about the chrome. The emblem and the face fo the chrome trim piece are angled up slighty. I just did some reflectivity tests with a laser level and except for a very tiny strip on the bottom of each horizontal piece, the chrome is about as reflective as the black grill. Based on this I'm enclined to leave it off, or only add a small amount on the small reflective edge at the bottom of each piece. Comments?

Power User

If it were me I buy a factory full nose bra, add a laser shiled, veil the chrome and veil the lights (you'd be set)!! :mrgreen:

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    If it were me I buy a factory full nose bra, add a laser shiled, veil the chrome and veil the lights (you'd be set)!! :mrgreen:
    Now that would be good! I forgot about the factory bra, as those are so 90s! But it would work extreemly well. For such a huge vehicle there would very little reflectivity. I'm starting with Veil this week and may have to get a bra before the next trip. Thanks for the reminder.

Newcomer

You can remove the grill (just 2 bolts) paint it all flat black.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor

Now that would be good! I forgot about the factory bra, as those are so 90s!

Doesn't really matter if they are so 90's cause minivans are sooooo 80's! we drive SUV's these days! :wink:

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor

Now that would be good! I forgot about the factory bra, as those are so 90s!

Doesn't really matter if they are so 90's cause minivans are sooooo 80's! we drive SUV's these days! :wink:
    Zing! Guilty as charged. Ya, I'm a hold out. My trouble with SUVs is that for the job most of them are doing, a minivan will do the job better and cheaper. They are lighter, have more space and get better mileage. How many soccer moms ever use the trailer hitch or even know where the center diff locking control is?

Why are SUV's so popular? I should stop before you think I'm a conspiracy theorist.