Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Stealth Question(white car) W/ Pics

Hi guys,

I too, have become addicted to these forums and have decided to register today. I already have a radar detector BEL980, and it has saved me couple of times from radar.

My question today is, can i put veil on my car (geo prizm 96') since it is white, and will veil still protect it? or is it useless or will not give me enough time to slow down when i am targeted for laser.

I usually drive about 70 miles total from the university and back. While driving on C-470 West in colorado to golden, i haven't encountered cops with laser yet... but on my regular roads where i live, i have been lasered 2 times. (no ticket, i wasn't speeding )

Here are some pics of my car:

Back side, Front Side, Inside of the car : (for detector question)

http://gaicccp.coconia.net/geo_prizm/prizm.htm

-Also, if i am able to use veil, can i get a red light plate cover and cover it in veil from the inside?

-Would you be able to critique my placement of the BEL980 detector? Should i leave it where it is? should i mount it higher to the left (if i am not able to apply veil that is..) or to the right of me instead of in the center?

- I hope that bel980 is still good enough for protection these days, because i dont think i can afford passport 8500, nor V1. (unless i should worry about bel not being sufficient for protection?)

- Also guys, would a black car bra help much, and should i install it too , or would it not help me too much in my case?

Thank you so much for you time and help guys!

Founder of Stealthvation

Veil WILL help. Veil would be even more effective if you had a red or black car
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Founder of Stealthvation

Bob will be answering your question in 10 seconds

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Old Timer

I hope you dont mean applying veil to the car itself

A bra would be very effective for your car, no doubt. Especially on a white car such as that. I would say get a bra, and get some veil on a plate cover (red light camera cover would work as well) and the headlights and I say you should be set

Founder of Stealthvation

I agree with Sethy 100%. A black bra is a MUST

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Stealth Question(white car) W/ Pics

Quote Originally Posted by jackenloper
    -Would you be able to critique my placement of the BEL980 detector? Should i leave it where it is? should i mount it higher to the left (if i am not able to apply veil that is..) or to the right of me instead of in the center?

- I hope that bel980 is still good enough for protection these days, because i dont think i can afford passport 8500, nor V1. (unless i should worry about bel not being sufficient for protection?)

Thank you so much for you time and help guys!
    The placement is good as it stands now, but if you get any laser countermeasures like Veil, place it lower on the window.

A Bel 980 is still a good unit, and I would not upgrade unless you have a problem with it.

Manufacturer

Close.

Since VEIL is a "passive" product, it can only eliminate reflections from areas that are directly treated.

Although, we did well in '04 SML tests with a metallic silver vehicle (chevy cavalier), VEIL does not generally perform as well on the lightest of vehicles (we have been working on a solution, though.)

VEIL will certainly reduce the targeting range by eliminating the major reflections, the residule amount of reflection left by the vehicle itself, will contribute to your visual signature.

A black bra would certainly make a huge improvement if used in combination with VEIL.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Experienced

Default would you in my place?

Thank you Happya$$, Sethy, compu44, The Veil Guy for you help and responses.

I just have another small question:

1. if you guys were in my place, would you get the bra and veil the bastard, or is it not worth it. (veil guy mentioned that the protection would not be good anyway.)

2. What are the chances of the cop (lets say i have veil and the bra, but since the bra covers the half of the engine cover) tagging me with his laser on the side of my car, (such as the doors), would they still get a reading this way?

Thank you again.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: would you in my place?

Quote Originally Posted by jackenloper
    Thank you Happya$$, Sethy, compu44, The Veil Guy for you help and responses.

I just have another small question:

1. if you guys were in my place, would you get the bra and veil the bastard, or is it not worth it. (veil guy mentioned that the protection would not be good anyway.)

2. What are the chances of the cop (lets say i have veil and the bra, but since the bra covers the half of the engine cover) tagging me with his laser on the side of my car, (such as the doors), would they still get a reading this way?

Thank you again.
    Laser can only get a reading from the front or rear.

Advanced Member

I agree with the other posts and thist is what i think you should get if you are worried about laser (pretty much the same as everyone else
    -black bra
    -VEIL on headlights and front licences plate if required by your state
    -Laser sheild plate cover on your VEIL treated plate
    -mount the detector low just above the wipers
    -And save up for a good jammer
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I use VEIL and the Laser sheild an I like to believe it worked for me cause in my most recent speed trap i encountered The officer shot me twice with laser once at around 1000ft and then as a little closer. However I was not speeding 70 in a 65

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96