Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Veil on motorcycle windsheild.

I will be putting veil on the headlight cover on my motorcycle ,but then the bike has a fairly big windsheild. I suppose the lazers would get a much better reading off the windsheild ,is this right. If I veil my windscreen ,will it be obvious? Will it make it blury to look through? With the bike ,I mostly look over the top of the shield so its not a saftery issue ,but I didnt want it to look rough.

Newcomer

New guy here, but my guess is that since the windshield is clear and not metallic reflective, it would not bounce back a laser. I would think that it would be a waste of Veil and mess up your windshield vision.

Power User

Default Re: Veil on motorcycle windsheild.

Quote Originally Posted by cr500
    I will be putting veil on the headlight cover on my motorcycle ,but then the bike has a fairly big windsheild. I suppose the lazers would get a much better reading off the windsheild ,is this right. If I veil my windscreen ,will it be obvious? Will it make it blury to look through? With the bike ,I mostly look over the top of the shield so its not a saftery issue ,but I didnt want it to look rough.
    Dont do it, it will look obviously darker than a regular windshield........and Laser goes right through, the next thing aside from the lights where Laser would reflect is maybe off your helmet if anything, bike windshields are like car windshields, the beams just pass right through and scatter

BTW...what kind of bike????????

Good Citizen

It will be a BMW K1200GT. I was just speaking to a radar salesman/installer who seemed to know his stuff. He just told me the same thing about windscreens, that the radar will go straight through. He recommended fitting a headlight cover during the day which he says is legal. The complete front of the bike is fairing, which covers most of the front suspension ,radiator, engine area. He also told me that if I have a dark helmet and dark jacket ,it will take longer, or bike have to be closer to get a reading. I will look into getting a headlight cover now.
    What else can be done to reduce the signiture to lasers without resorting to jammers etc. I will definitley Veil the head light covers anyway and bikes dont have number plates where I am.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by cr500
    It will be a BMW K1200GT. I was just speaking to a radar salesman/installer who seemed to know his stuff. He just told me the same thing about windscreens, that the radar will go straight through. He recommended fitting a headlight cover during the day which he says is legal. The complete front of the bike is fairing, which covers most of the front suspension ,radiator, engine area. He also told me that if I have a dark helmet and dark jacket ,it will take longer, or bike have to be closer to get a reading. I will look into getting a headlight cover now.
    What else can be done to reduce the signiture to lasers without resorting to jammers etc. I will definitley Veil the head light covers anyway and bikes dont have number plates where I am.
    on a bike thats really it besides a jammer, ..........now are we talking about Laser or RADAR because you mentioned RADAR here?????, and that front end is typical of most import street/sport bikes but no matter what you do to the bike you can never reduce the effectiveness of RADAR without breaking a few laws in the process

Good Citizen

Arashi666, Your right I meant lazer ,not radar.
    Also ,I might even look into getting "trick tape" over my headlights as well as Veil as I,m told its (trick tape) legal in my area to have headlights covered during the day.

Manufacturer

cr500,

Strongly not recommended and not needed.

Windscreens are transmissive in nature, not reflective.

Treating headlights with VEIL good...windscreens baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Message recieved Veil Gug , I,ll keep it a loooooong way away from my windscreen and put the excess on my other car.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    cr500,

Strongly not recommended and not needed.

Windscreens are transmissive in nature, not reflective.

Treating headlights with VEIL good...windscreens baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)
    and so says the godly man who creatd VEIL

Power User

and as for this "Trick tape" WTF is it and what's it do???????????