Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Still can't justify Veil

Well, I need a push on this. It wasn't just like picking the v1 - because we know it pwns.

I just can't get myself to put 90 dollars into veil. I have an 02 alero, which has ALOT of headlight showing and otherthan that it has no front plate or even place to put a front plate. Why should I get it. I'm in michigan and jimbonzz(I think) has said he's from MI and has only gotten lasered like 3 times. Is it worth it?

Power User

LIDAR will come, its just a matter of time.....

and as for me, I was hessitant at 1st too, but I pooled it with my Brother, and we got it, I had gotten a Laser ticket earlier and it was from a good 1000ft away with a Stalker LZ1, I put on the Veil, I went to run some testing with the ever popular Outrun who contacted me through here, and at Highway speeds-ish (56mph) I had a 307ft PT, thats just amazing, sure it was a different gun (Marksman 20/20) but apparantly its a more powerful gun compared to the Stalker, so I wouldve been good on that............all in all at teating my X50 alerted for a good 10-20 seconds before they got a reading, thats more than enough time to slow down, but with a V1 you should be good, V1 and VEIL is a good combo.......no plates and all that is a plus, now is your car dark colored? is the only factor left really

Good Citizen

I don't think Veil is going to help much unless you have a jammer. I've done some homebrew tests and from what I see, Veil can't save you alone but it can help out your jammer.

Manufacturer

Just read some posts in the "real-experiences" section.

There are many accounts of Veil only circumstances that have saved drivers...just read 'em.

Furthermore, jammers don't provide absolute protection either...Plenty of accounts of that as well.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Power User

Veil is like oxygen, you cannot live without it! :mrgreen:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    Veil is like oxygen, you cannot live without it! :mrgreen:
    that sounds about right

in my testing though all you really need is VEIL & LS combo (and of course an RD, that is the MOST important part) and youre set, I had PLENTY of time to slow down while my X50 alerted to laser and before the guys reported that they got my speed

all in all VEIL is a MUST HAVE, and its PASSIVE laser "Jamming" so itll ALWAYS be legal (or so I hope)

also there is NO absolute protection from speed enforcement other than NOT SPEEDING at all (Which I cant do, i'll always speed unconciously), even if youve got the VEIL a good RD and the best jammer in the world, theres always instant-on RADAR (Which almost killed me last night)

Newcomer

Where do I get veil???

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Furthermore, jammers don't provide absolute protection either...Plenty of accounts of that as well.
    Well, one of them does.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM
    Where do I get veil???
    From Roy at: http://www.radarbusters.com/

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM
    Where do I get veil???
    From Roy at: http://www.radarbusters.com/
    Thanks guy!