Thread: Lasered

Newcomer

Default Lasered

Well I think I might have had my 1st laser experience with Veil. I was behind someone who was speeding and my V1 went off. I slowed down and it continued to go off for about 5 seconds. I don't know if I was getting the laser from her car in front of me or if I was being targeted. I can't believe she did not get pulled over, right in front of the cop (I was doing the speed limit by now) she hits her brakes and the front end goes down. Never got pulled over for doing about 13 over!

How long does a cop need to laser you before they get a reading? I mean if your detector is going off for 4-6 seconds, can you assume that they are not getting a reading right away?

Thanks, Chris

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Lasered

Quote Originally Posted by cjs180
    Well I think I might have had my 1st laser experience with Veil. I was behind someone who was speeding and my V1 went off. I slowed down and it continued to go off for about 5 seconds. I don't know if I was getting the laser from her car in front of me or if I was being targeted. I can't believe she did not get pulled over, right in front of the cop (I was doing the speed limit by now) she hits her brakes and the front end goes down. Never got pulled over for doing about 13 over!

How long does a cop need to laser you before they get a reading? I mean if your detector is going off for 4-6 seconds, can you assume that they are not getting a reading right away?

Thanks, Chris
    The last time I was hit it only lasted 2-3 seconds, and then a brief pause followed by 2-3 more seconds. On a car with front plate, no countermeasures it should only take a second or two to get a lock.

Experienced

If i was her, i would be crying of joy!
    I give her my props for not getting stopped. Must have been a hot chick.

Manufacturer

Speed acquistion can take as little as 0.3 seconds although a detector will generally alarm for a bit longer.

Sounds like VEIL did its job. Where did this happen?

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

In Wisconsin on highway 41 between Lomira and Fond du Lac. They have been hitting 41 very hard as of late with laser.

Chris