Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Temporary Veil Alternative

Looks like I won't be able to get Veil before my road trip this weekend since it's backordered for about 2 more weeks at RadarBusters.

Anyway, I have this static cling window tint lying around. It's kind of like a giant tinted oil change sticker. It's 20% VLT (Blocks 80% of visible light)

I experimented with my TV remote and it seems to attenuate its IR signal by about 35-40% based on the distance I was able to use the remote from with and without the tint in front of it.

This stuff stretches and conforms to the lights pretty well and doesn’t look to goofy.

Anyway, should I even bother? It will only really be good for daytime driving since it will make the headlights 80% darker.

Is the TV remote IR at least close enough to the LIDAR IR to attenuate proportionally?

BTW I have no front license plate.

Manufacturer

Jeff,

Roy should have something in his hands by early next week, at the latest.

If you need something sooner, order it from Roy and we'll drop ship one unit to your location directly.

Will that do?

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Jeff,

Roy should have something in his hands by early next week, at the latest.

If you need something sooner, order it from Roy and we'll drop ship one unit to your location directly.

Will that do?

Veil Guy 8)
    That would be awesome, but I'm leaving Sat. Would it be too late to drop ship it and get it by then?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Manufacturer

We may be able to pull this off. Call Roy and tell him you want it overnight or two day and he'll prepare the shipping label for us and will get it out to you today, if possible.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Radar Fanatic

I would be careful with the tint because I believe it is illegal to use dark headlight covers in some states. It might not hurt to check out that issue before you take off since it would suck to be pulled over and ticketed for it.

Newcomer

We may be able to pull this off. Call Roy and tell him you want it overnight or two day and he'll prepare the shipping label for us and will get it out to you today, if possible.

Veil Guy 8)
    What state do you guys ship from? I could probably swing the $15.60 for 2nd day but if I'd have to do $27 for overnight I'll probably just wait until next week for it.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Manufacturer

Shipping from PA.

Two day, you'll have it by Friday.

Veil Guy 8)
    You guys (Roy and Veil Guy) rock! This is AWESOME customer service. I wish more companies had the same service as you all. With service like this your companies will continue to do very well.

Newcomer

Shipping from PA.

Two day, you'll have it by Friday.
    You respond ridiculously fast!!

I'm in 70803 which UPS says they will deliver to from PA by the end of the third day.

Is it likely that you'll be able to get it out today?

If so, I'll probably just go ground because I'm cheap.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Manufacturer

Have Roy call contact me and we'll make it happen.

Veil Guy 8)